Does online dating actually do any good?

Does online dating actually do any good? I'm especially thinking about between Christians. I kinda want to do it, but I'm worried about what my friends might think.

I'm especially thinking about going to go on one for Christians. Does it actually work? I kinda want to do it, but I'm worried about what my friends might think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mileage will vary. If you have a good profile description, a good selection of photos and you send interesting messages, you'll probably do better than your average joe.

But I see online dating like I see a multivitamin. It's good to suppelement what you don't have, but it should never be a fundamental base of anything.

Don't worry about what your friends will think. If they see your profile, then they'll have to explain why they were going on the same site for looking at your profile in the first place.

But you still have to leave your house and meet women. Regardless of what site you sign up for.

What Girls Said 5

• I think Girls are more serious about online dating then guys. so yes, it works, if you are serious. I was with a guy for 3 years who I met online.

• Sure it does my aunt met a wonderful man on one of those sites they are married now! I'd give it a go if I were you and don't care what your friends think.

• It only causes bad issues for me..

• i think it can, you just have to be really smart about it

• well, ti worked for my cousin.

What Guys Said 5

• Lots of people meet online. You might want to consider e harmony as well. It was originally designed for Christians and I believe there are 3 questions that are about your faith and you can choose how important those things are in the partner they match you with. I read that in an article so not totally sure.

• It does good. Your friends will think you are lame. I don't know if Christian dating is more successful or not. Depends on your values.

• I've went on several dates from online sites. If you really want to find the one to marry, I recommend E harmony. For me the number of matches are fewer than all other sites. When they send me a match I'm interested in..its typically really good. I've been on there for one year now. I dated one girl I would have married...but she moved...and recently I was contacted by another AMAZING one. Good luck.

• Your friends don't even have to know.

• I heard that of all couples being married, that 1/3 met online. Apparently these marriages tend to last longer as well. Likely because so many of them start off with compatibility first. So they are doing a lot of people good.