If a guy texts you first, you reply back, and sometimes he doesn't reply back at all or takes long to reply?

Sorry to say I'm pretty new to texting, always have just called people. Anyway this guy I'm seeing sent me a text first, I replied back, and he took about an hour to send me a reply.

So guys what are reasons you might do this? Why text me anything at all? thanks so much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• dont think too much of it. guys don't really put attention to texting.

What Guys Said 1

• Guys are often really terrible at texting back in a timely manner. Sometimes it will be right away, sometimes it will be several hours later. We want to talk, but may not necessarily be able to talk continuously, so we text and reply when we can.

What Girls Said 5

• Texting actually depends on the person.. I noticed that you said that you are pretty new to texting. When he text you, do you reply back right away? Try not to be so available through text, give it some time, like he does. He could be a very busy person as well and not the texting type.

• Ya why do some guys do that? Some guys text me non stop then others its like they don't text at all and I always have to initiate the text. Is it because there not interested or is it just that they are texting someone else. I don't get it.

• yes, and I hate it

• guys are not like we are about texting

• Because he's busy at the moment and can't have a conversation at that minute. Guys can't multitask like woman do, so he might leave it off for a while.