He rejected me but I still get mixed messages from him, did he or does he like me?

Ok so I work with a doctor, he is 27 and only started at my work a few months ago. I'm 37 and work part time on admin and am also a uni/college student. He is according to a few women I know 'gorgeous'. He is quite reserved at work. Almost a bit awkward, not the type to chat like others. So anyway I wasn't interested to start off with but he would get quite shy when talking to me and I'm positive he would stare at me sometimes. He is 6 ft and I'm 5 ft. Maybe I'm a bit of a curiousity to him. People say I'm pretty but I'm not one to put myself out there because I've had self acceptance issues with how I look so I always have self doubt that I'm attractive. So anyway to cut a long story short my crush was driving me crazy so one day after work I sent him a text saying I had a huge crush on him and it was driving me crazy and I need to get back to my normal life so he needed to let me know how he felt. I did this because he had changed towards me in the previous few days, it was like had lost interest. Was my text to him a backhanded compliment? Anyway he responded he didn't feel the same but admires my put it out there attitude. I'm pretty shy with guys so it was such a huge step for me and I felt so sad. Anyway he still looks does he like me? Or am I just clueless when it comes to men?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi.

There could be some attraction there, yes. However, he might not want to date someone he works with. Most people are iffy when it comes to that. Sorry to hear about the rejection, as time goes on, you'll get over. =)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• If he says no then no. Respect his decision and politely back off. Don't become a pest or risk making an even bigger fool of yourself.

Respect his answer. Go live your life.

• Thanks :) just to reassure you apart from that one text I've backed right off and just keep it work related. I don't believe in pressuring people.

• ignore him and wait for him to do smoething more than that.

• just stop caring about him until he shows real interest