Who pays on first date?

so I Haven't ever paid on first date and actually pick up artists say never to pay on first date. they advice to do it greek (everybody pays for his share)

what do you guys and girls think?

for God sake. Dutch not Greek sorry guys. thanks for the advice though.

No dinner dates for first date that's what I have learned.

just for argument sake my brother NEVER paid on first date and got sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's funny how girls say its whoever asks and that it just so happens that guys ask for the date 99% of the time.

• Just another way to say that the guy pays

What Girls Said 18

• I'd be surprised if a guy insisted we each pay for ourselves on a first date. That doesn't even really seem like a date haha. I don't expect guys to pay all the dates, but definitely the first one at least.

• I think you mean Dutch, not Greek. And look, pick up artists are losers and women have no respect for them. If you want to succeed, listen to everything a pick up artist says and then do the exact opposite.

I never stress out about paying on the first date. I always go in expecting to pay for myself. I wouldn't expect the guy to pay but if he offers then that's super nice and it leaves a good impression. But I would only accept the offer if I can see it going past the first date. If I've already decided that it will be the first and last date, then I pay for myself.

• Personally, I didn't mind before I knew what it felt like to be with a gentleman.

If a guy pays on the first date, it shows they care. A guy that cares more about money than making a good impression with you, isn't worth the time. Insist on paying twice, if she says no the second time then split.

• Btw, I don't see how pick up artists can predict how a girl will react when they never met them. Women aren't one mass of clones you know? At least I hope you know that hahah

• greek ? do you mean dutch ?

going greek means germany pays

• First date I always volunteer to pay my half and bring money when I would go out. BUT 99% of men insist to pay...I don't get it. I gots my own money! Lol were not all poor helpless golddiggers.

• I always make sure I have enough money with me to pay myself but if it's a first date I'd like the guy to pay.

But I don't mind splitting the bill either.

• I prefer everyone pays for their own stuff on the first date. Then, if you decide to date further, you can treat each other by paying for everything when you want to. I always make sure I have enough money for myself and for him, if he doesn't bring money.

• In my experience thus far, the man has always paid. This is not because I expect it, I've always offered to pay for at least my share, if not all of it, especially if I did the asking out. However, the men have always insisted on paying.

• Whoever asks.

• thats just an evasive way of saying guy pays ,because we are forced to ask

• Not true, I've asked a guy out on a first date

• I always ask guys on a date :') I wish I knew who these girls who force guys to ask are.. hahha

• I've always paid my way or if I asked the whole way. Only revently have I ever had a guy pay for me.

• If it is an official first date I do hope the guy pay first. But subsequent dates we can go dutch

• whoever asked the person out

• the guy

• Split it.

• I would prefer the guy to pay.

• He does

• If it's just a casual thing, go dutch.

If it's an official date, whoever asked is the one who pays. If you asked her out, you're supposed tobpay. If she asked you out, she's supposed to pay.

That goes for friendships as well.

• guys always pay in the first date for me

What Guys Said 16

• Real men pay on ALL the dates! Of course, they also require their date to eat every morsel of food place in front of her, as well as her share of the rolls and butter, under threat of public humiliation!

• don't be so cheap. pay for the girl.

• What I do is meet for coffee only and pay for that. This way I can get to know them best and decide if I want to date them some more. I don't do dinner date as a first date to protect myself from gold diggers. It's disappointing to never hear back from a girl after a dinner date.

So I go with coffee first. If a girl feels like it's an interview, she's too insecure to be dating. There's nothing "interview like" about chatting back and forth. I don't mind paying for dates, and I usually do, but I need to know them first.

• I say that whoever asks the other out pays. Obviously more often than not it means that the gent will pay. The key to all of this is that since you have asked the person out you take them out to a place that YOU can afford . If it is a restaurant or coffee place there are plenty of affordable places(not franchises) where you can still make an impression. If the first couple of dates work out most girls may want to have their own choice of venue/event and they pay or we go dutch.

• i allways paid ... unless the girl refused that ...

• Personally I have always paid for the girl on my dates. Not because its tradition or social standard but because its a nice thing to do.

• Pretty sure its called going "dutch" not greek

• It depends. I normally go for cheap coffee first dates so paying for her coffee is not a big deal. I, on the other hand, would strongly advice against dinner dates or any other date where you could spend over 20 bucks, I guess this is the idea PUAs want to express when saying never to pay. Women want to earn our commitment by offering sex (because deep inside they know sex is what we need them for); by investing ridiculously large amounts of money in them without getting any sex is giving away our commitment for free, we'd be some sort of commitment sluts. That's a girl boner killer.

• the guy no questions asked

• I do generally pay, but sometimes a girl will be super liberated and equality minded, and be like, "I'm paying for my share." The funny thing is, I rarely end up liking those girls, they tend to have way too many rules and baggage related to equality, rather than just letting the relationship develop naturally.

• whoever invited the other

• The PUAs are right on this one, I think.

• Women expect men to pay.

If she asked you out though, definitely she pays or you go dutch.

• you can either believe in stupid outdated traditions that women use to their advantage to have an easy life , or you can split

• you ask a women out to dinner (for example) and expect her to pay? That's like inviting someone to a dinner party and expecting them to bring their own food and cook it

• you don't but every girl on this site doesn't

• Please don't group all girls together :') ha ha And how ignorant, you sound like an ex. Women want someone who cares more about impressing them, not a few quid.

• I say split the bill. If the girl has a problem with that then you probably don't want to be with a girl who feels entitled to stuff

• Don't know why this was down voted

• because guys here believe in idiotic outdated traditions

• Guys always pay, however the girl should at least reach for the bill. It shows she's willing to pay but that it should be us who pay