Why is rejection so much harder for women to deal with compared to men?

I notice when guys ask girls out, they get turned down and move on. I'll see if a girl wants to hang out and if she says no, I move on. But when a... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, guys are much more likely to be serial askers than girls are. They'll send out like 20 messages to girls because they're "kinda cute" and they will expect not to hear back from 19 of them. Or they'll go to a bar and hit on several girls in one night hoping to get laid by one of them.

Most often, a guy will ask a girl out and if she says yes, they'll go out a few times and then he'll decide whether or not he likes her. But when a girl asks a guy out, she's already decided that she likes him and that he matters to her. So of course someone who asks out someone who they like and who means something to them is going to be more hurt upon rejection than someone who just thinks, "I think I'll go hit on that one!" and then does it.

• why do you have so many thumbs down? this seems like a fine answer to me

• Show Older
    • Wrong -

think Cyndi Lauper:

link

Guys are usually as "emotionally invested" as women are ;)

• Cyndi Lauper wrote that song for a hit. And by "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" she probably didn't mean "Girls just want to get laid by any hot guy who will let them."