Guys, ever dated a girl above your league?

This is a question for guys, but girls can throw in their opinions as well.

Guys, have you ever managed to date a girl who was way above your league? It can be in terms of looks (where she was much better looking than you), a much better body (she had washboard abs while you were overweight), she was much richer than you, or something else. If your answer is yes, how were you able to make her accept you in spite of being way below her league, and knowing very well that she had loads of guys in her league to choose?

P.S. This is just a question I'm asking out of curiosity, and in no way related to me personally. I've been happily single since 4 years, and will remain so for a couple more years. Guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't think so shallow. Those things are not what matters in the long run, not that I agree that there are even leagues in the first place. You like who you like, who cares who's better looking or richer, the relationship wouldn't work with crazy insecurities like that anyways lol :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm, it's really easy. It's called bartering. You want food, I want leather, I have food, you have leather, if we trade, we're both better off. It's the world's oldest profession. You just have to have something to barter with.

During college, I went out with a girl that had a really cute face, a somewhat hot body, but she was Russian and would know how to dress really hot and look sexy all the time. She would always have her hair and nails done, and she'd always wear high heels, except for a few times she wore flip flops, but she looked hot. Anyway, I wasn't in the shape I am today back in college. But, I had a reputation for getting good grades. This girl was barely staying enrolled in college. She was on academic probation for having below a 2.0 GPA. So, she got friendly with me, and I picked up on the hint that she either wanted to use me in return for nothing but "empty promises," which she definitely tried, but I firmly rejected. Then, she strait up wh0red out. Okay, fine, I suppose I should be more polite and say something like, "she compromised on my inferior looks because I had something she really needed a lot at the time - access to really good grades."

Being with her was interesting. I was motivated to get into better shape, because each time we had sex, I felt like she was doing me a favor. I didn't like feeling like that. I actually liked her as a person, I mean, she was a sweet girl sometimes. I wanted to feel like I made her sexually happy too, just by how I looked. The issue was, she actually liked the fact that I was inferior to her in terms of looks, because she didn't have to worry about me finding someone else, or her feeling less attractive than me, or her feeling like the more attractive one in the relationship, or her just feeling secure in general. Her negotiating power in the relationship came from her looks, because in comparison to me, she was more attractive. As that gap closed, her negotiating power went away, and she started to feel more insecure. Her grades also started going up, so my negotiating power was also going down with her too.

So, the relationship eventually ended, because neither one of us really have anything that valuable to barter with anymore.

But that's how you do it. Only in real life, instead of grades, it's access to your assets and stream of income. That's not to say you shouldn't work out and make an effort to look good. But that is to say that you have more bargaining chips to play with than women do.

What Girls Said 2

• the guy jus can't be insecure and theyll be ok

• it is really possible with people who are not shallow

What Guys Said 3

• by making myself realize that there are no such things as "leagues". If you think in such ways, then you simply won't get girls who are "out of your league" because you put them outside your realm of possibilities in the first place.

• Never dated a girl who was in better physical condition than me or a girl who was wealthier than me. As for beauty, I can't exactly say since everyone has their idea of beauty. Then again I don't believe in this whole "league" thing anyway.

• I have. Things went fine. I had plenty of other things to offer.