first date jitters?

So I'm going on a date with this girl after work, like its not big fancy thing. But its my first "real" date and I'm obviously nervous. She gave me her number and we've been texting a lot the past few days and it makes me uncomfortable because I have never had a real conversation with her in real life like talking. General comments and advice would be awesome thanks!

The date went well. We had dessert then walked around and held hands and kissed so yeah it was cool.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about it man! All a first date is is hanging out. You've hung out with people before, right? This is nothing you haven't done before. :) Just have fun! Where are you two going for your date?

All you have to remember is to be a gentleman. Offer to pay for her, hold the doors open, etc. And don't stress about how to end the date; just do what feels appropriate. Other than that, just relax and have fun with her! :)

What Girls Said 5

• Completely normal and she will be nervous as you are

• it is normal

• she will be as nervous as you, try to imagine its any other normal day

• she might just be as uncomfortable about it as you are

• smile at her alot. Make her laugh and feel warm in your company. Ask questions about her. Be yourself. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Good, you're nervous, you should be. It's a good thing. Be awkward but then man up and admit it and she will think more of you than you realize. It's okay to be new at things; people aren't going to judge you and hold you down for it. Once you come clean about it and she accepts it you'll take that deep internal sigh of relief and talk semi-normally because that's where all your anxiety is coming from.

OR you will not tell her, stay anxious, and make her wonder if you're okay because you look like you could break out into a seizure anytime and you're smiling so hard it seems like you got hit with TMJ.

• I'm not surprised. Good job.

• So you kissed on the first date? How close were you before?