Girl I've been seeing for 2+ months now broke our date today for no reason. What should I do?

She is very quiet and withdrawn, so I never know how to read her. We seemed to both be looking forward to this date. I told her to text me when she was ready to go. I waited half the day, nothing. So I called her. She said she wasn't sure if she wanted to do anything, just wasn't feeling motivated. I was hurt, but didn't overreact. She said she wanted to keep seeing me, when I asked if anything was wrong. Think she is hiding the real reason, or is she trying to blow me off? Please help on this one.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, just let her time to think things.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think a girl would break a date for no reason. There was a reason, and I think it's because she was nervous. You did say she's kind of withdrawn and quiet, so maybe she hasn't been on a date before and at the last minute she got too nervous. Where were you guys planning to go? I think you could make her feel more comfortable by going to the movies where there's less talking. That way she could slowly get used to going to a date.

• Ask her what her deal is and go from there...thats what I would do if someone did that to me...

• Maybe she's depressed about something. That sounds like a textbook depressed statement. Do you ever call her? Calling her just to see if everything is going OK and if she's want to do something low-key might be good. Texting allows people to craft their response and they often hold back, but hearing someone's voice sometimes prompts us to let the real person shine through.

• it happens.. give her space and don't let it get to you.

• maybe she did have a good reason and she just doesn't want to share it with you

• dont worry, sometimes I am like that too

• Don't worry. Maybe she was having a bad day and wasn't feeling up to it? "Wasn't motivated"

Theres no need to "do" anything, yet.

What Guys Said 1

• Forgive. Try again.

Give her time though; if she is hiding something it does need to be revealed and humans reveal most things when they feel safe.

• Should I contact her tomorrow, or wait to see if she contacts me first? Not to play games, but I want to give her space and I want to see if she really is interested in me. I don't have a lot of experience with relationships.

• My recommendation is to contact her but not on the subject. Just ask how she is in general. Allow her to acclimate to you again and then in a few days bring it up if she does not herself. You don't do anything but ask calmly and succinctly why she didn't show up. "Hey, why didn't you show up on X I was worried about you, you know, still am a little?" is perfect because A ) it's true and B ) it gives a softer feel and you are concerned but not seeking justice and punishment.