I am really tired of being single. What do I need to do?

So here's the deal, I'm a girl, I'm 22, never had a boyfriend never been kissed so you can safely say I'm a virgin. And I had a friend who tried to set me up once but it didn't go well and I seem to only get hit on by creeps and old men :/ It's like they think I have no standards. At all. Everybody tells me that it's great that I haven't dated and that I'm not missing out on anything and that it's sweet that I'm still a virgin. And honestly it's just frustrating. I mean I feel like I'm missing out on being a young adult, dating a few guys before I settle down, because I've been told since high school I'm gonna date one guy and marry him. And half the time I feel like I'm never gonna meet anyone. So what do I need to do? And please don't even bother with the typical answers like have you tried online dating? yes and all I get are creeps and guys that want a booty call. Or you'll find someone someday, you just have to be patient. I think I have up till this point. and on a side note I cannot flirt...like at all, and when guys(yes the creepy ones) flirt with me I just think they are being annoying and I am not aware that they were flirting till someone tells me. Any advice would be grateful. Thank You, and God bless.

Most Helpful Girl

• The key is meeting guys. That's the hardest part.

You need to put yourself in a position which allows you to meet new people. Guys aren't just going to fall at your feet, and the ones you know already are (I'm assuming) friends/people you're not interested in in that way.

Meeting guys through friends is generally the easiest way to go about it. Not set p in a date way, but maybe you're hanging out with some friends and they bring along some of their work friends (guys and girls) or things like that. Or when of your friends are going out with some of their friends you don't know, tag along.

Maybe get a new hobby. O a part time job if you don't have one ect. Things like that. Lots of people say they can't flirt, but honestly flirting isn't really necessary. What is important is the ability to meet and hang out with new people who you don't know very well confidently. Then it becomes so so much easier to meet new people, new guys, almost anywhere.

Also, you maybe need to be a little more forceful and pro-active about things. If you want something to happen and it's not, sometimes you have to take it upon yourself to make the first move on someone you do like if they're not making the move on you.

What Guys Said 2

• Have you tried taking the initiative?

Flirting with guys you like?

• Did you miss the end part where I said I can't flirt? I really can't :/

• That's just an excuse. Anyone can learn to flirt.

What Girls Said 6

• I would get a hobby in something you're good at and you love doing, and meet people that way. Like for instance, if you're into arts and crafts, take an art class for fun, meet guys there, or whatever.

I don't recommend dating websites, because there's so many creeps, and the ones that aren't creeps you don't know if you can trust them. I say go out and meet people!

And enjoy being a virgin while it lasts, it's nice knowing there's still people out there that are still pure. I think the reason that you haven't found the one yet is that God has someone special for you and he's waiting for the right time to bring him in your life. :) Good luck!

• Try to meet guys though your friends or join activities.

• just try to be more approachable

• Meet as many new people as you can. Hobbies, jobs... don't wait around, get out and do something. Then look at who you are presenting to the world, often if you attract the same type of person over and over again... there's something in your behavior that brings that up. Like another user said, Matthew Hussey has some great tips. And they really do work :)

• try getting out more and flirting with guys

• well talk to more guys, if you know of good guys try and flirt with them. even if you can't then just try and look for videos of how to do it. matthew hussey┬┤s book is good in my opinion