How do you get rid of someone?

okay so there`s this guy. we went out a couple of times and texted a lot until he decided that we should just keep it light. now we`ve just texted occasionally but haven`t seen us since then. first I thought he wanted to get rid of me, but now i`m not sure. He still texts me, sends pictures of himself and songs I should listen to, but whenever I text him, he just sends a short comment or a simple smiley face. is that getting rid of me slowly or is he still interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• Darling, be careful. You story sounds very familiar to me. I went through something similar sometime ago with a guy who was just doing those things to keep me hanging. I was waiting for ages and nothing came out of it. He has told you he wants to keep it light, but it´s an ego bust for him to know he has you there and could date you IF HE WANTED TO. Back off, stop initiating texts and replying. If he is interested he will look for you, if he isn´t he won´t, you will know the truth and won´t waste any more time thinking of him.

What Guys Said 1

• its the 21st century. ASK HIM OUT

• i did! twice actually! but he was "really busy" and didn't have time and I don't go asking a guy if he`d like to hang out sometime a third time if he blew me off twice already!

• okay thanks! but don't you think he`ll just be annoyed?

• If you're annoying him, he's not worth your time. We love your attention, just as a girl who keeps saying no to a guy. She likes his attention

What Girls Said 5

• hes interested just probably busy working or doing something or is talking to another girl but most likely busy and the best thing to do is to talk to him and tell him how you feel and everything else

• This tricky, because some people send group texts.

I was in a situation like this and was pretty much fooled. The guy been lost interest but kept me on his text list, yet he wouldn't respond to my responses. I felt like something fishy was going on...

Don't text him for a while and see what happens.

Best of luck to you.

• just be honest with him or ignore him.

• well maybe, don't do anything and let him make a move if he's interested if he doesn't do anything then just move on.

• i think that is just the way he texts