What do you do when your ex texts you?

After months of nc my ex texted me. The first time he sent several accidental messages, then I accidenetally texted him. He responded with friendly banter. Then a month later he text me about my birthday over a month away.He broke things off with me five months ago and although we didn't end things on a bad note I was surprised that he was very flirty and playful. Should I take that as a cue that he trying to get back with me? What do you do when your ex texts you randomly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore it. If he wanted to be with me...he would be with me.But he is NOT.So all of this supposed random texting,he could shove it.If he is not actively saying anything worth me hearing,then he can step off.I've already moved on.That's if I was hypothetically in your situation.

What Guys Said 2

• It's never 'random.' He thinks about your time together, and he wouldn't be contacting you ifhe weren't interested in rekindling that old flame.

He isn't sure how you feel, so he pretends to 'accidentally' send messae at first, but then he quickly gets playful, happy that you don't seem angry about him breaking up...since that was his idea, he thought you might resent him.

• I answer, mostly because we're still on good terms. BUT, they've all moved on, and for some reason I don't think yours has. You guys broke up for a reason, if that reason still stands, probably a better idea to just not answer. He's probably just feeling alone and want to go for a "sure thing" instead of facing rejection by someone new...

What Girls Said 4

• i think he misses you I have been in my first relation the same kind of your man ,he couldn't move on so once a while was text me I never respond cause I sure he get used to , by not respond message to message you like force him to a phonecall , if you like him and want him back try to call him and you should read hs sound .it is better that read his flirty word

• i don't answer

• I would ignore him.

• i don't answer back, what is the point?