Everything was amazing according to him, then he freaked out and said things were too serious too quickly and

I truly believed this was a completely honest statement by the guy I had been seeing for a couple months. He initiated everything. Told me how much he loved hanging out, how great of a time he always had. How we never lacked conversation or having an awesome time. He made it a point that I met all his friends, male, female etc... He involved me in his normal activities from day one. Sex came up once but I told him I wasn't ready for that yet. (Just because I didn't want to be a one time deal and we weren't official and the dating aspect was still new) He said he understood and was fine with that. We still continued dating for a few weeks after this. Things were still "amazing" we continued meeting each others friends and hanging out. He even told me he wanted me to go on vacation w him this summer.One week our schedules clashed and we didn't get to do anything. The following week I said I hoped I got to see him. I actually initiated hanging out that time by text and 12 hours later didn't get a response. I jokingly said well unless you've changed your mind. The following day he says Things were moving so fast and felt so serious that he freaked out and just wasn't ready right then. He said he had been hurt in the past and was overly worried about hurting me and just needed some time for personal reasons as well. He has a past of being wild and free and didn't know if he could be w just me but that he did really like me. At the time he even said it had nothing to do w anyone else. He just kept emphasizing that he couldn't hurt me, not me, that he couldn't do that to me.Do you think he really did just freak him self out? To the point of losing feelings? Like things literally changed from one day to the next.Or that maybe something had already accidently happened w/someone else? And it's easier for him to be in non serious hit it and quit it situations.I gave him 3 weeks before trying to touch base, and after doing so he said he recently began "talking" to someone. I tried to find out what made this different and he still insisted he didn't want to hurt me. That I didn't do anything to make things any different that he just got some bad idea in his head and didn't want to take me w or hurt me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He is scared of commitment.He sees you has relationship material and doesn't feel deserving of a woman like you.He resorted back to the ways he feels most comfortable, talking to other women with no real connection (only speaking with those, who may meet his physical needs).Don't take this personal it has nothing to do with you.Although he seems like a great guy , he could hurt you in a relationship.He is trying to spare you of such.I would stop talking to him completely because he sent mixed signals.

• ty for ba.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like a guy who has no control over his emotions...OR he met someone else that actually gave him sex. He may have thought that he couldn't handle NOT having sex for a while still, and not wanting to push you, decided to just end it. But anyway, time to move on and find the next guy!

• that's awful! The sex thing came up so soon I didn't want to just jump into it. With as much as he was into me I didn't think he would break away for that. Things were still great the last time we were together I would have been all for it after that! I mean if you really do care for someone would you jump ship so soon over sex? Or would that only be the case if sex was all you were looking for?

• I want to know as soon as possible if I'm sexually compatible with someone or not. So if they feel like holding out for months, then I'm not sure I'd want to wait that long for the possibility that we're just not sexually compatible...

• Could be one of two situations.1) No sex could be an excuse to runor2) He may have psyched himself out thinking you might actually want to be serious.

What Girls Said 3