Why does online dating not work for me?

I've tried pof.com and okcupid.com. At okcupid.com I actually put up my pic but have sent people that have asked pics on pof.

Anyways, guys I like don't message me back or pay attention and I'm only getting attention from guys I feel nothing for sexually and I'm not online there to make penpals.

I am 22 almost 23, done college and never even had my first kiss (although nobody I know knows that). I'm a decent looking girl, I workout (trying to loose weight) but I'm only 20-25 lbs overweight and I'm 5 feet 6 and carry my weight well anyways. 36D bust, and curvy butt but not kim k huge or anything.

I dress well, put on nice makeup and actually made an effort in school to know guys but I just got friends/acquaintances and no one ever made a move! Or the two guys that did I really didn't feel ANYTHING for.

This online thing now is giving me a headache, because now I'm on two different sites. I don't know what the hell to do.

My friend is on her 3rd relationship from guys she met online and she would go on these websites a month or less later be in a relationship.

Should I just accept the fact I'll never be with anyone or force myself to be with a guy that I know I'll never adore, love and just do anything for.

I cry a lot about this and its just makes me depressed :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is this Kim K. woman the standard for booty? Enough, let's examine your problem.

First, what is your friend doing that you are not? Assess this.

Next, what are you looking for, and then what are the people you are looking at looking for?

After this what does your profile say? Is it written to optimize interest or not? Rather than "is it honest" ask yourself if anyone would hire you based on it that profile. All profiles should be written this way for results.

This is tough. But solveable.

What Guys Said 3

• I gave up on those sites like 4 years ago.. total waste of time IMHO. Same goes for the other sites that have huge membership fees..

• I have had success with dating sites and I have an opinion on why its not working for you. As a guy, I would never respond to someone who didn't have a picture posted, and a clear picture at that.

Even you know the importance of attraction, saying " I'm only getting attention from guys I feel nothing for sexually". Lets face it, looks matter. Even if you have the greatest profile ever but have only one out of focus picture I'm going to think, "what is this girl hiding?". Even guys who aren't shallow want to know who theyre talking to.

• Online dating is sort of like fishing. You may or not get a bite, and if you do you'll probably end up waiting a while.

Try networking through friends instead, it can work wonders.

• how can I network through friends though?

What Girls Said 3

• I gave up on those sites years ago just meet guys though girlfriends networking is the best way to make partners

• well ask to be set up by firneds or get a better profile. like better photos and stuff.

• i think you shouldn't take it that seriously, you don't really know why people don't answer