The meaning of a Kiss on the cheek?

So this girl that I'm friends with kissed me on the cheek the other night, when I met her at a bar.

I wasn't expecting it because she has never done it before . I'm just curious as to what it might mean. thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• well unless he only does it with you then I wouldn't think much of it.

What Girls Said 6

• a polite/courteous gesture?

I don't think that's a sign, she's trying to invite you to bed.

• a kiss on the cheek isn't usually anything, I mean its like a friends and family kiss. don't read to much into it

• were really good friends

• It's a type of greeting that is especially done in European countries.

• it has no meaning

• A gay best friend ;)

What Guys Said 1

• come on bro. it means nothing women that like you do crazy sh*t like hitting on you very boldly, touching, smiling out of control, get all over your personal space like you belong to her and stuff like that from the beginning and if you don't pay attention then she'll start asking if you're gay. If she touched your face in a sensual way (rub your cheeks really quick when she kissed you) or the back of your neck or something then I would be thinking what's up but a kiss is just that