Why did he suddenly stop talking to me?

So I've been friends with this guy for about 2 months. We were best friends. About 3 weeks ago he got a girlfriend, but things didn't seem to change between us. Last week, however, he went from texting me every morning and night (he's an insomniac to he has a strange sleep schedule) to texting me once in the entire week. He also seemed very distant. The other one time we talked during this past week I sent the first message and he cut it short saying he had to go somewhere with his mom. He claims that he's just having relationship problems with his girlfriend but I don't see why that would change our relationship. So, what the hell happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he might be a bit preoccupied. My question to you is this, was there anything between you two? He could be be going to great lengths to get your attention, or he might be telling the truth. I know I've pulled the same cards with women at times by not talking to them. But, they weren't girls I was close to. Also, his girlfriend could've told him to stop talking to you so much. If he's having issues already he should drop her that's not good. Maybe he should be with the girl he gets along with better.

Mr.

What Guys Said 1

• seems as if he is getting his attention needs met by the new chick

What Girls Said 3

• maybe he is just stressed out

• he is more interested in the new girl

• well don't think about texting too much, just try and ask him to hang out and ask him what's wrong. he might just want tob e respectful to his gf.