Girls, what type of guy would you rather date?

Would you rather date an very attractive guy that has no manners, is a jerk, and treats you like he would his guy friends OR date a average looking, nice guy that has manners, shows you respect, and treats you like a lady.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice guy. Girls do give the supposedly nice guys a chance. When we first start dating them, they pretend to be the nice guy for the first 3-6 months. Then the guy becomes comfortable and slowly reveals what he's truly like. After a while, the things they do (and don't do) add up and we realize how that guy is actually a jerk. A lot of times, that's the behavior that the girls are complaining about on FB and to their friends. However, that guy we're dating still thinks he's a nice guy no matter how much we bring up his natural behavior (that he starts revealing when he takes the girl for granted.

There aren't actually a lot of nice guys out there. But there are many guys who claim that they are and they keep quoting the same lines as your title. That myth is continually perpetuated. Please realize that some girls try to find the nice guys but only find the ones that pretend to be. Initially, it's difficult to leave the pretenders because we fell in love with the nice guy that they pretended to be and we're hoping that the character will somehow come alive again. However, when realize it's futile, then we leave. If we leave too early, then we would doubt our decision and make excuses for the guy because we would feel bad about not getting more proof.

If you are young, I hope you realize that a lot of the girls that do want a nice guy are waiting for a later time to start a relationship. Depending on their age, nice guys don't get girlfriends because the sensible ones are waiting and the spontaneous girls are choosing the supposedly "exciting" jackasses. When you are older, it's easier to find a nice girl who has started dating.

However, I want to give you some tips on what a real nice guy is so that you won't become one of the pretenders.

1. Be true to your word and do what you would have done in a theoretical situation, not on stress and how busy you are. I have vetted my boyfriend by asking him how he would act in certain theoretical situations. He sounded like a nice guy. After the first few months, however, he uses the excuse of stress and being busy to excuse his "illogical" (inconsiderate) behavior that contradicts what he said before. Even when he's free, he voluntarily takes up more work (that he assigned to himself) to create more stress and continue the cycle.

2. Both in the beginning and ever, don't lie about your past or what you are doing just to make her keep liking you. We will find out and won't trust you about the big issues(cheating)

3. Don't ever think that you have won her over permanently. That's when the natural inconsiderate behavior starts showing. The guy starts putting less effort in what he's saying & writing and the amount of times that he contacts her. His romantic creativity starts dwindling. The guy starts spending more QUALITY time with friends rather than the girl. Ex: He'll eat out and play sports with groups but he thinks it's enough for his girl to only see him at the apartment.

What Girls Said 29

• The average guy :) just as long as he's got really really over weight, I am over weight but I can't stand my own weight and I hate some guys that really stink of sweat just gross... I don't like too hairy ether, as long as he's average and treats me good and looks after himself enough then he's mine.

• The question really should be: Why do people judge people on the "stereotype" they are experimenting with? they are still human and they can like anyone they wish it doesn't restrict them in any way, like any woman unless they are bad girls themselves and go for bad guys then we choose the nice guy, emo, scene, prep whatever you wanna call people... no difference women still would choose a nice guy any way.

• The truth is that the guys who commented are right we probably would end up going for the attractive guy just because he is attractive, but later we will realize that we were idiots and should have gone for the average looking guy. Looks may get you through the door, but it won't last I promise you that.

• guys have different definitions of ''jerk'' and ''respect''. guy A would probably get more dates because he would treat us like a person and would probably be confident. a jerk isn't someone who simply hits on a girl without sh*tting his pants-it's the person who is mean to the waiter. don't treat us like we're made of glass-and don't be mean.

• average looks who treats me well and has some aspects to him that make me swoon.

i chose the most attractive boys, the shining stars, all my life until this past January when I got fed up with being played with and kept as part of a harem as the "exotic toy". I started seeing this boy I rejected last year because he was so painfully shy and awkard and I didn't find him attactive but... I had a change of heart and he became my boyfriend. he is average looking but the way he is, mannerisms, voice, etc really made me fall in love with him.

• The average looking guy :)

Theres ways to make him look hot anyway. For example, if I'm going to the gym, I'd like him to come with me to show that we are both working hard to look good for each other.

Looks are important in a long term relationship although nowhere near enough as important as the heart and personality.

• I want a guy who are gentle,passionate,funny and sweet but not a push over he knows how to protect and fight for his little lady d= I'm sick of dating bad boys, a guy who will lay with me when I'm sick, and hold me until I fall back asleep after a nightmare, kisses my tears away when I cry and just buys me stuff without a reason

• look women don't ask a lot jute :

someone who care

who tell her your beautiful evry day the one that treat her like a lady

the one who is whith good manners

the one who is out going

the guy who is a littel sensitive no too tuff I mean

we hat liars

the one that take care of him self and avrege looking guy

the one thatlove with his heart

the one that trust you and you give him his trust

the one that lookes only at you the loyal one

the one that give me advices

the one that protect me

the one that give me attention that I desurve

the one who LOVE me !

<3 <3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• "Date a average looking, nice guy that has manners, shows you respect, and treats you like a lady."

That one, no brainer.

• The second option, of course.

• Obviously number 2, no woman wants a man who will make her feel like she is less worth, or like she is not good enough for him, when she can have a nice guy who acts like she is his everything, and a good person should be grateful for that

• We'd rather fool around with the first guy, but we'd rather marry the second guy.

• Stupidest question ever

• Are you trying to prove a point here? Choice B obviously..

• the second option definitely

• Silly question every one wants to be treated with respect don't they.

• Neither. I want an attractive guy who treats me well. Why isn't that an option? IT DOES HAPPEN.

• the answer is obvious

• The second one, by far :) Hopefully the guys would pick the same answer for the ladies.

• The second choice

• the nice guy, the jerk automatically becomes ugly to me

• Define "treats you like a lady" and "treats you like one of his guy friends"...

• The average guy! The cute guy will eventually get old and ugly.lol

• The respectful, well-mannered one.

Duh, haha!

I love that all of the women said B, but the men said we choose B.

Haha!

So who knows women better? Men or women...

• Both are unattractive

• the average looking guy.

• Obviously the one with manners. Looks fade, but personality is always there

• the one with manners, vene if you guys don't want to believe it, manners and the way the guy treats you really gets you far

• The reason you ask this is because you are the man with average look and try to behave nicely, but girls are still chasing up some handsome guy whom you consider is a jerk. But tell you what, he is still more attractive, and girls do not think he is a jerk.

• Obviously everyone is going to pick Joe Schmoe who treats you right.

What Guys Said 4

• Most girls would rather be treated 'like his guy friends' rather then put on a pedestal.

jerk is bad, but it takes a while for people to conclude someone really is a jerk and won't change, if they are attracted.

So while women would rather date B, in fact what they will perceive is:

Guy A SUPER hot, cool, relaxed, cocky. Guy B: okay looking, timid.

They will date A, and eventually split up. They may date B later. Or not.

• I would date the girl A, and fight her until she turned into a B. If she's already a B where the fun in that.

• it does not matter what they say, truth is: they rather date an attractive jerk.

• trust me they would rather go with A