I'm 26, she's 21. Is that considered good ages for one another?

Hey Everyone,

I know the answer is pretty clear, but it has me a little dazed.

So I meet this girl about one year ago. She was 20 at the time. And well she's super gorgeous and super smart, and normally I don't date younger girls cause they are like all over the place and don't know what they want. But does 21 seem like a old enough age to date me a 26 year old?

Is that considered good ages for one another? Or should I now pursue it cause she's super young?..

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's OK. It's not a big age difference.

• Its just that, I'm in my career. And she's still in Univ... So its kinda weird.. you know? I get the feeling that she might wanna still explore. Cause when I was 21 and still in school, I didn't wanna settle down, you know?

• I understand. Have you tried to talk to her about it?

What Girls Said 5

• Not at all.

I'm 27 and my partner is 35.

I feel like he's the same age has me, even younger than me sometimes.

Your age difference is only 5 years, you two are pretty much the same age.

You have nothing to feel weird about.

• Its just that, I'm in my career. And she's still in Univ... So its kinda weird.. you know? I get the feeling that she might wanna still explore.

• She has, she just recently has been single for 5 months now. But I feel like she's still kinda hurt over her ex. So I don't wanna be that rebound guy for her, you know?. Cause she's so young..

• Yeah, she's young but keep in mind not that much younger than u. You can't really help how things work out, just enjoy what you have now. If you still think she has feelings for her ex, ask her, if she does break up with her. Because its a recipe for disaster.

• my parents are 5yrs apart

• Yes. The age is well over appropriate.

• yes, I don't think its too big.

• yes, it is, don't worry about it

What Guys Said 5

• That's a whole generation's age difference at your ages. Sure, even five years later, at 31 and 26, it wouldn't be a problem..but now, as you said, she'll be difficult to communicate with! Still thinking like a media freak..

• At that age I would say its more than acceptable. I know couples with sucessful relationships who have 10 years or more between their ages.

• Its an acceptable age gap if you are compatible. Whether you are compatible you know. If you'd never met her, you could guess the odds of compatibility might be lower based on age, but given you DO know her, they are what they are.

• A five year age gap at 26 is acceptable - I cannot see any problems as long as you two want to be with each other. Just talk to her about anything that comes up that you think is too "immature". I think that you two will tend to affect each other - your presence will make her act more mature, her presence will let you act a little less so. Not a bad thing.

• sounds fine to me