Was this text too harsh? What would you get from it if you were him? Would you feel bad after reading it?

I have been in the process of getting to know this guy off and on for 4 months. He is a crossfit junkie and is getting ready for a competition August 3rd. I have been focused on school and will be done August 7th. Our communication is great considering that we don't see each other often. Well he initiated a get together a couple days ago but I was busy.I asked him about his competition and he didn't answer my text. I text him to see what he was up to today because it is the 4th and hoping we can see fireworks together. I was at a cookout and he told me he was going to a pool party during the day. I even asked what was wrong with him and if it was me because he was so quiet past couple days. He told me that "we" are OK and that he has been feeling lazy and staying focused lately. I feel like that is an excuse and there is another reason why he went from really wanting to see me to not having time. I know that he practice Crossfit every day for many hours..he is determined. My response was "Well I respect that but this is the 4th and I just wanted to hang out have fun, get to know you more, be a friend..that is all. Have a good 4th" ...So he can hang out with his friends and go to a pool party and all of a sudden we can't hang out. I wanted to be professional when I sent the text but I also wanted him to feel for me. How would you feel knowing that this person wanted to see you on an off day and they text you that? Would that make you think about that person for awhile?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he really liked you, he would make time or at least plan a time and place to be with you. Sounds like he does not like you the way you might think. Try not talking to him, see if he contacts you. If he does, tell him that you are moving on or something like that, and hopefully he will open up about his feelings.

In my opinion, crossfit has no function in life. People are better off doing strongman training where irregular form and uncoordinated exercises can be helpful in crisis situations. Like when a tree falls down in your car, or when your trying to move a china dresser down the basement; you will have strength to do it.

• So he just text back ..."cool I will let you know if I do anything" I didn't respond. He has initiated text before when I was quiet. Maybe I shouldn't show up when he does text me tonight and act like I made other plans or don't text until the next day.

• Yea. If I told you the whole story you probably would get a different view of things.

What Guys Said 1

• Could be that he`s lost his interest. I think the last text you sent might come across as a little bitter and sad. I don`t think that would turn a guy on. Sorry to put it to you that way, but I think we all learn from our mistakes. The best thing you can do now is to not text him again. Not until he texts you. Don`t act needy. Put your mind into other stuff. Date someone else.

• Thanks!

• well he text me yesterday. He wants to do something today. I spyed on his twitter. I think he is trying to plan something. His status says...I must do something epic for Saturday

What Girls Said 3

• yes, it was

• I think he just lost interest.

• I think that you can't change his interests and if he likes something that much you can't expect him to drop it for you

• Yea. I told him I don't want to get in the way of that but I also want to hang out when we can.