What are some red flags when newly dating?

For example is calling your ex "crazy" on the first date a red flag? What are some other red flags?

Most Helpful Girl

• Calling your ex crazy is a definite red flag.

Other ones would be how they talk about women in general, like if he says that women have always screwed him over or says the stupid line, "you're not like other girls" like I'm supposed to believe that I'm some angelic being that is elevated above all other women and that all women are scum except for me. Basically if a guy disrespects women in general I'm not going to bother with him.

Extreme peacocking is another red flag. If he can't talk about himself without mentioning his job, income, degree, car, or any other material assets, it's a bit fishy. Obviously you'll say what you do and what you have a degree in, but if he doesn't say anything about himself as a person aside from his belongings and accomplishments, then running away would be the appropriate action.

Obviously any mention of his ex, except to answer a question about past relationships (which really shouldn't be asked). He's not over her if he keeps bringing her up.

If they're rude to not only the waitress, but anybody else you encounter on the date, you should run. If he isn't courteous to everyone you meet, especially on a first date, he probably is a pretty rude person in a non-date setting.

A personal red flag of mine is (though apparently a lot of people disagree with me because on a question I recently answered about physical fights, I got down voted a lot) aggressive behavior towards other guys when it comes to his date. If he gets angry because another guy is just looking at you, he obviously has some major anger issues.

What Guys Said 5

• If she has a body in the trunk of her car. I usually take that as a bad sign.

• there are obvious ones but everyone has their own flags that make them tick

• 1) 50 guy friends and one girl friend.

2) Daddy issues

3) Drinks/parties every weekend

4) Goes to the club

5) I find out she's cheated on a past boyfriend, regardless of the reason.

6) Slept with guys outside a relationship.

Etc.

• bringing coupons

• Obsessively checking phone during the date.

What Girls Said 10

• * He starts suggesting how you should behave, what to wear, eat,etc somewhere between the 1st to 5th date.

* Mentioning his ex on the first date is definitely a red flag. He's not over his ex yet.

• Talking about an ex is a red flag if the conversation was neither moving in that direction or necessary. Persistant talk about the ex is even worse.

• Doesn't open the door for me. Doesn't pay for the meals or wants me to pay. Doesn't offer to pick me up when we decide to hang out.

Talks about past experiences with girlfriends using jaded attitude. If he has a bad relationship with his mom or sisters

• Bringing up anything about exes it is a huge one

• Inconsiderate.

Looks bad, or smells bad.

Constantly talks about ex-girlfriends.

Can't put his phone down long enough to have a conversation with me.

Rude to others.

Gets drunk during date.

• if he is rude, if he talks bout his exs, if he talks badly about people, if he is rude to the waitress

• if he walks in front of me

• Drives a minivan, that means he has kids and a wife

• not true, one of my best buds drives a mini van cause he likes it. not married and has no kids.

• I was speaking on the majority. Obviously you couldn't comprehend that.

• Controlling

Aggressive

Gets too personal real fast

Doesn't get along with his mother

• when he's too clingy, nosy, aggresive or mean to a waittress