What is casual dating scene after college?

Im in college now and from what I've heard its going to bars and stuff. can anyone elaborate on the casual dating scene after college? don't leave out social norms, rolls females and males play.. just the general stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• It's harder. In university/college, you are around all sorts of people all the time. Even if bars/nightclubs/parties are not your thing, there are tons of other things to do and meet people at. After college/university, everyone seems to dive into work (gotta get that student debt down), settle down, relocate.

You end up putting in a lot more effort to meet new people. On the plus side, you can date around without everyone knowing. The hardest part for me has been that I went from going out 3 or 4 nights a week to maybe going out once every 4 weeks. It also depends on where you end up, I moved from the city out to a small town. If I could go back and do it over again, I'd do things differently.

What Girls Said 4

• it is harder

• it is harder because you don't meet that much more people

• It's much more easy to obtain because people stop using labels(on women)

• well I would say its the same you just don't thin about labels.

What Guys Said 1

• Dating after college/university gets WAY more difficult. I can now understand how people talk about how it's hard to find the life/work balance. When you're in school, you are constantly running into new people, getting invited to parties, going to bars etc.

After university/college, a lot of people start to settle down and party less along with focusing on their careers... basically, there's less time to go out socializing with people and it minimizes the opportunity to meet new people as well except through work. If I knew in university what I know now, I would've definitely spent a lot more time enjoying all the parties and the dating scene. You really have to put in a LOT more effort after you get out to keep a thriving dating life.

The only benefit is that it's a lot more private for you after school since it's not like everybody knows each other kind of a thing so you can date around a bit more if you like without worry. Way easier to meet girls in school though as it's such a natural process.

-25 year old uni grad