How can someone who says they are a Christian date or marry someone who is an atheist?

That makes no sense... I don't understand how that can possibly work on SO many levels...

lauramor, no you aren't, your behavior says otherwise

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah I'm a catholic and I don't think I would ever marry someone who is not religious in any way.

What Girls Said 5

• A person's religion doesn't completely define who that person is-there are more elements to a person than that. Religion only gives others a glimpse of who that person is.

The Crusades were bad enough...killing each other in the name of religion. There were actually eight crusades, not just one throughout history.

• Because a true Christian doesn't accept. Actually everyone should accept everyone.

If you want to marry in religion (race, etc) then do it

Who cares if others marry opposites of who they are. They may relate on other things

• I am a catholic and I would rather marry a religious person, we could understand each other better.

• Because a true christian respects other people's choices and oppinions...or at least they should.

• because they can put their minds over it

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the religion and how devout you are. I dated an atheist for over a year; religious differences were never a problem for us. I never asked her to go to church with me, and she never asked me to give up my religion. It's all workable if you both respect each others' viewpoints.

• That's all well and good and I can understand that but when it comes to having children that can be difficult.

• Yeah that's what I would do if I did fall in love with a Christian. I would leave it up to my kids to decide what they want.

• How many atheists are willing to forgo sex until marriage? Few