Guys: can you explain this? Texting confusion

So I got this guys # close to week ago. A few days later I texted him, saying it was me and asking how he was. Heard nothing for 4 or 5 days. So I just kinda didn't worry about it figuring he wasn't interested in talking. So I was really surprised to get up this morning and see I had a text for him. However the context of it was like he had never gotten my text. (It said Hey it's Drew). I was confused because obviously I knew it was him as I had texted him few days prior, assuming he got it. Do you think he was texting me first an never got my text? Or is it something else?

Most Helpful Girl

• talk to him more

What Guys Said 1

• Just say hey back, go with it. Maybe he wants to feel like he made the first move. that is actually something that I would do lol

What Girls Said 3

• i would reply to the text and see what is his intention

• You got the number registered, right? You know you didn't send it to the wrong number... So he got it.

Why would you wanna start talking with someone who's already playing games and in fact you'd already forgotten about?

• well just try and see what he wants and decide if you want to keep tlaking to him or not.