How can you tell if a guy likes you through text?

I've been texting this guy and he send long messages and asks about my interests. When I asked him what he looks for in a girl he sent a long message and at one point in it, he said "I hate trashy girls, which you don't seem at all". He offered to help me learn how to play softball and guitar. He asked me my thoughts on body hair and I said it doesn't really bother me and he said that he said he's glad because he has chest hair. It doesn't bother me. Whatever. He seems like he likes me. I know a girl who used to like him and when she told him, he said he didn't feel the same way. He was super nice to her. I feel like he might just be acting nice to me. But maybe he likes me? He texts me first everyday and always says "sup?" Whenever he doesn't reply right away he apologizes but then again he might just be being nice. I don't want to ask him as be disappointed if he says no. He's a nice guy. And I don't know if he's just being nice or if he actually likes me. What are some signs that he would actually like me? Based off of this, would you say he likes me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at it this way: I act the same way as the guy you described when talking to a girl I like. Although I'm not the same guy, obviously, it means that the possibility is still there. If I were you, I'd drop hints here and there that you may be interested, without being too straightforward. If his words change as you drop hints, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume there may be interest - but then again, talking works best.

• since I've posted this, Our conversations have become more personal. We both haw agreed that we need to hang out. Well he was kinda complaining about how he doesn't ever do anything and I suggested that we hang out and he said yeah he was thinking the same thing. He's told me about his family and told me that he didn't know what to talk about at one point but he didn't want to quit talking to me so he asked if I had anything I wanted to talk about. Does this show anything else or stays the same?

• The fact that he decided to be a little more personal shows that he trusts you, which is a good sign. Coincidentally, by saying he didn't want to stop talking to you, that means he enjoys talking to you more than just a little. If you're talking to a good friend of yours, and they you say you don't have anything else to talk about anymore, do they ask you for help because they want to keep the conversation going? Normally, no, which makes it seem like he indeed likes you at least a little.

What Guys Said 3

• i don't think there are things that instantly mean that he likes you unless he compliments you or directly tells you he likes you. I think it has more to do with the frequency that he texts you. if he is initiating conversation a lot and spending time talking to you he most likely likes you, I can't think of a reason why I would try so hard to talk to a girl and not like the girl its just not something a guy would do

• Frequency.. He texts me all the time. We've sent almost 2,000 texts in 4 days. Is that a lot? So you'd say he likes me?

• lmao I don't think I could send that many if I wanted too. well I mean I think you already knew your answer before you asked this question you just wanted verification right, well here it is: Yes, he likes you

• Haha okay. Thanks!

• if you're having to play hard to get, he probably likes you

• unless he says it work for word text does not work. it doesn't work with girls either actually. tone is required.

What Girls Said 3

• its seems like he's into you

• you can't unless he is blatanly flirty

• i don't think there's a good way you have to see face to face- but to me there's a big possibility.