OMG on social sites have you noticed that putting up a profile pic can attract people you don't like

By social sites I mean ones where only a few of your friends in rl are on there like Twitter,Instagram,Kik,Palringo,online forums etc.

Its probably my fault for chatting with strangers but still :(

Maybe its because I am a girl? But I find it rude since I don't even believe in online dating and these guys try to ask for us to meet up, talk about sex etc, when I barely know him! Hellooo there's stranger danger so why would I give you an additional picture if you can see my profile pic!?

Maybe I'm being naive because back when I had a Facebook I never put me as my profile picture, it was always a sunset or flower. It was mostly because I thought pedophiles might add me or something. Maybe I watched too much Chris Hanson but I never had a problem with strangers doing so.

But now I guess I'm not afraid to show my face, I thought I was strong enough to not let people's comments get to me but it does bother me.

I get sexually suggestive innuendos about me because of my age,gender,race,religion.

Ive tried posing as jailbait or a tranny but it doesn't work :/ can't I chat without guys trying to get at me?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are people like that on every site, gotta get used to it and ignore them.

What Guys Said 4

• then stop using social sites, or block your profile from strangers. no matter what you do though people are always going to try and hit on you, no point in getting your panties in a bunch about it

• That's why you put a drawing up :P (I have a rather cool image of Kili with a pint of lager for my Facebook image xD)

• It happens all the time to me :(

• you could just stop using social sites all together

What Girls Said 6

• it depends on what type of photo you post as your profile pic or your username.

• yes I do

• You don't have to be afraid, it's not like talking to you actually hurts you or anything.

If they find you in real life, THEN I'd worry about it. Otherwise, just tell them you don't want to talk about that stuff or just don't respond at all.

• ues I think you are right.

• Maybe say your an old granny and don't put your pic up. Make your profile private.Block and ignore don't have a convo with him!

If you like having your pic up then use black&white/sepia.

• yes, it does happen