When someone makes a really atrocious spelling mistake...

do you glance down at your keyboard to see how far apart the correct letters were from the wrong ones? I just noticed that I do this. I saw someone spell Saturday as 'saterday' on here and I just had to look down to see how far the letter 'u' is from 'e'... and it's pretty damn far...so I guess this guy doesn't know how to spell Saturday. anyone else do this? I do this with text messages too lol.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Even when the keys are close, I still wonder why some people just leave their errors... or wonder how they can go unnoticed. Or are they just lazy?

Idk, I'm always correcting my typos lol.

• hahah I thought I was the only one that did this. I will see where they messed up at look at the keys and be like what the f***.

• Natch. How else can I know whether to classify them as an imbecile, a moron or an idiot?

• i do not because I am not perfect myself.

• lmao. it's not really about being perfect...more like was the person typing too fast...or did he/she really not know how to spell the word. I guess it is sort of judgmental.

• i know but I recognize that when I used to do it it wasn't a sign of inability so much a sign that brain farts happen.

• ok gotcha :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes! I do this ALL the time but have never said anything about it (until now). Sometimes I roll my eyes at myself for doing this as if I'm some hardcore grammar policewoman or something. XD

I do understand that accidents will and do happen but I can't help looking down to see how far apart the letters actually are, either. (Ha ha).

I attempt to make sure I spell everything right when I type or text but sometimes auto-correct does some strange things when I type on a smaller screen. -__-;

• lmao. today I was typing out 'autoregulation' and it came out as elvis wig. ... sosososososo weird :P

• that's true :D there are blogs dedicated to autocorrect fails :P

• Ha ha! XD

• All the time. There have been times where the letters were so far apart, both in distance on the keyboard and in how they sound, which left me wondering how it even happened, haha.

• yes ! lol

• No that's stupid.

• i just call them on it.

• no I just correct the person in a good way.

• i don't care