How often do dates actually work out?

I've been on dates where I haven't clicked with guys even remotely and it is the most awkward and uncomfortable feeling in the world. And then there's guys I do click with and it's easy.. How often do dates actually end out well? Where two people click and have a good time?

And how does dating work for you personally? Is it awkward or successful?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience...dating only becomes awkward or uncomfortable when it's taken too seriously. I mean, we're talking about 2 strangers meeting and seeing if they want to be lovers one day. A lot of thoughts, feeling, and emotions going on. Things seem to go best when you see dating as just another life experience, and fun whether things work out or not. People are attracted to and like what they like. Can't change that.

Personally dating has been a learning experience, teaching me more about me, and my likes and dislikes. Also has taught me a lot about women in general. Good and bad. I've never had a "bad" date. Seems that more often than not...If I'm interested, things don't work out, or if they're interested, I'm not.

What Guys Said 2

• Some are awkward, a lot are just ... nothing ... and some show potential.

When you're young, dating tends to often be people you sort of know as friends first, when you're post school its more often people you've met once or met online or met through a friend. Its quite common where I live at least for first dates in that scenario to be just coffee or a drink, something that could be ended in 15 minutes fairly easily if its not going well.

• Of the people I go out on dates with, I'd say about 1/8th don't really click with me. It's kind of rare, not because I'm just that agreeable as a person, but because I'm the one asking out. So, there's a bit of a selection bias. The only people left in the sample are girls who wanted to go out on a date.

Then, I'd say 3/8ths to 3/4ths, are just not compatible. They either have an incompatible system of beliefs, or are very strongly opinionated about something, or have a view of male/female relationships that resembles slavery (with positive reinforcement), which for some strange reason I'm not cool with lol.

Of the 1-2 girls (for every 8 dates) left, I'm more than happy to compromise on appearances and looks if it means finding a girl that I can connect with and actually see myself in a long-term relationship with.

What Girls Said 4

• For me not very good it is awkward like 90% of the time for me.

• half of the times

• mayb ehalf of the time?

• 1/3 of the time, but it is mostly because we don't think alike