Anyone skeptical about online dating?

I have an account and have talked to guys before but I just get so scared because I've never met anyone online. I've just finished school and and happy with where my life is going. I was kinda wanting someone else to spend my downtime with. I feel like I want a boyfriend but I'm a little nervous about actually meeting a guy from online.

How long should I message this guy I may like before I give him my phone number? How do I keep him involved in the conversation instead of me just asking questions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've met countless people in person that I initially met online, both on dating sites and elsewhere on the Internet. While I didn't click with every person I've met, I haven't had any negative experiences. I think that the vast majority of people online are just regular people.

I think its still a good idea to be cautious about meeting people. I don't think there's a set time for how long you should wait before giving out your phone number---give it out when you feel comfortable doing so. I also think its a good idea to webcam with the person before meeting, if possible, so you can see that they are who they say they are. Meet up in a public place, and let someone you trust know where you are and when to expect you back.

Personally, if a guy wasn't involved in the conversation and was just letting me ask all the questions, I'd probably lose interest and move on.

What Guys Said 1

• yeh, I don't think I would go down well with online dating girls lol.

my main sense of humour is a cynical and sarcastic view on the world. YOU try putting that across online.

and lets be honest here, I'm not the most photogenic guy out there, I can't pull off the cheeky chappy based on my pictures, I'm not a model lol

What Girls Said 3

• i am

• i totally agree.

• i am skeptical about ti, I think it is really hard for people to find a nice person out there