Do you feel like you are settling?

Do you just date people who you find you have some interests in or do you hold out for those gems of a person that you just know that person is perfect for you? I feel like people in modern societies are just dating just for the sake of dating. I personally am waiting for that special person that I just connect with, I don't want to settle for anything than perfect because that's what I feel I deserve, do you or do you not feel that way? I am constantly chastised for not being in a relationship frequently, I just think why date if it doesn't have that possibility of going somewhere. What's your thoughts on this?

• The majority of my relationships are short term
  • The majority of my relationships are long term
  • I'm mixed between the two

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree and my friends used to tease me about this constantly! It's like what's the point if you don't really care for each other? I'd really appreciate it if you answered mine :)

So not this past Saturday but the one before, my boyfriend and I were supposed to go watch a movie, but at the last minute he said he was too tired so we just hung out instead. The following Wednesday we met up for lunch and it went well. This past Sunday we were supposed to meet up, but Saturday morning he texted me saying he couldn't meet up Sunday (his shift got changed at work), so then I suggested we see a movie that night (since we both had to work all Saturday afternoon) and he answered: "I'd love to :)" . Then he ended up saying that he had planned to work out that night and was just going to stick to that. What bothers me isn't the fact that he wanted to workout, but that he changed his mind like just say: "I don't want to see a movie." Then I texted him asking him to call me when we got off work since we wouldn't get to see each other that weekend, and he said: "No problem :)" Hours had passed since he finished his work shift and his workout and still no call so I called him instead. He answered, I asked how was work, bla bla bla, then I asked him if anything was bothering him because he seemed a bit off. He said hold on I'll text you. In his text he wrote: "Sorry don't want my friends to hear." Then, and I'm not going to go into details, he said he was depressed with everything in his life except for me. I was surprised so I said you mean a lot to me just get home safe and we'll talk about this later. He said: "Alright :)" We met up yesterday for dinner so I mentioned his text, and he like just said that he's trying to get back on his A-game and that I'm over analyzing and his body language changed (crossed his arms) so I just stopped asking about that cause it seemed like I was getting no where. Today I found out that he still has pictures of him and his ex on his Facebook (they broke up 2 years ago) and he didn't really want me to look at his account. So girls have you been through similar stuff with your boyfriend? Guys perspective? I'm so confused.

What Girls Said 6

• Hold out for a lifetime... not because it has to go somewhere. I just don't want t be intimate with someone I don't like intensely.

• I agree with everything you said, but you're 16... Why would a "relationship frequency" even come up? Wow

• I've never even dated before. Its an anomaly in common day society which is rather sad. American youth is a very tragic thing...

• I am young and I just want to have fun for now.

• i dont

• im mixed really

• Im mixed

What Guys Said 1

• I'm 31. I've dated 5 people in my life, and the shortest relationship was 8months. I've had one friends with benefits (mostly the focus on the benefits) so I wouldn't call that dating. I'm a long term relationship kind of guy. Just dating to date isn't really my thing