Dating someone who hasn't dated until their mid-20s or older

This goes for both sexes:

Would you date someone who has not had a real relationship until they were older (20s and up)?

I ask this because I have not had a long-term/serious relationship ever. I've been on dates here and there but they never lasted. I partially blame this on myself because I'm really shy and never know how to keep a relationship going. I know experience helps but I'd rather not continue the path I was going with a series of one dates.

I am planning on asking a girl I know who I know is interested in me but I don't want to make a move until I know how to start and maintain a relationship should it work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no certainties in relationships, but you can do your best to feel your way through your first relationship with the help of friends and probably some people here will have good advice as well. There's no point in analyzing all the different situations that could play out, it's a waste of time and energy. Just jump in and enjoy the experience and live in the moment doing the best you can

What Girls Said 5

• sure - maybe they've just been picky?

• that wouldn't be a deal braker

• i would date the person

• yes, I'm like that.

• I would. When you click with someone , it will automatically work out especially if you both like each other. Any relationship need some effort from both sides, if it does not work out it's not necessarily your fault, it could also mean that she was not the right person. If you check this forum, there's a lot of people going through similar situations if not worst. Don't make her wait a lot, she could loose interest.

What Guys Said 1

• i would prefer my partner has limited experience