Am I wasting my time with this guy?

I've been texting this guy for over a year. We have never met in person and live in two separate states. We both have expressed very strong feelings for each other that appear to be mutual. Recently, some complications caused us to quit talking for a couple of months. He just called a couple of weeks ago and said he still felt the same but he had to work through some things. I've been giving him space, but still texting every so often to let him know I still care. He will not text me first but when I text him, he replys back immediately with smiley faces, sometimes a pic, and really seems interested. I let things go for about 10 days and he made no effort to contact me. Once I contacted him again he seems happy to talk to me and we sent texts back and forth for hours. Am I wasting my time or is he showing some interest? BTW... I am the one who stopped all contact and wanted a break a few months ago, but was completely thrilled when he picked up the phone to call me again.

Most Helpful Guy

• you have to take the next step. I once chatted with a girl that I had only known online. we texted for a long time but for me not being around her in person it almost felt like she wasn't real. so if I didn't text her for weeks or so it didn't really matter (not in a mean way just in a sort of out of sight out of mind way).

If you like this guy and really think there might be something with him you would need to let him knwo that you want to meet him in real life. this will force the relationship (whatever type it is) to become real

• madhatters4...thank you for your response. I knew this guy back in HS so he's not a complete stranger. It's been several years since we've seen or talked. He told me he wanted to fly and visit with me when time permits. He is going through a seperation with his wife. I feel like he is being honest with his feelings. I told him I feel the same way. I need a guys opinion. Should I not contact him anymore and wait for him to contact me? Why go to the trouble to contact me and then not?

• well if he is going through a seperation he's probably got a lot on his plate. I think you should reach out to him when you want to and not worry about who is the first to text. It seems clear that he is interested in you but just be understanding that he is married and maybe even for the good of a smooth divorce he may not be as emotionally available to you...sorry I didn't realize you had met this guy, I think it was an online meetup thing

• Thank you again. No need to apologize...I was vague about knowing this person previously and about his seperation. I didn't want the answers to focus on the fact that he is a married man.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I think you should tell him that you really want to meet up. And if he doesn't agree then Mayberry just lost interest. And you can move on.

• break up with him

• I'm not sure you can call it a committed relationship or even an exclusive one if you guys didn't even once meet in person.

Think you should meet up first before anything else. You've been texting for over a year, but that's not enough to trust someone for other than friendship imho.

• i think you are

• yeha if he's not amaking an effort you should stop searching for him

• yes, I think you are