I messed up our first kiss. Can a relationship get past that?

I been dating this guy for three weeks and usually at the end of every date we give each other a hug and say goodbye. Well this date seemed to go like all the others so when he hugged me I was about to say goodbye when he kissed me. I caught on at the end but I totally screwed it up because I wasn't expecting it. He still put on his fb that he had a great night and couldn't wait for another one just like it. Then messages me that he meant it but I'm worried can a bad first kiss set a relationship back? I would really love some guy opinions as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aw, don't worry he's a guy he likes you, or he would never said that on his FB, unless he's trying to get someone else jealous which doesn't seem to be the case.. I remember making out with my biggest crush when I was like 14, I didn't know the right way to kiss, never had a girlfriend and she had a boyfriend before. We started making out, and I got nervous she stopped and I said "wait I messed up". She started laughing, left me on the couch, and told her friends about me 'messing up' I knew I blew it... We dated for 2 years after that..

Also if he's attracted to you that will not matter in the least to a guy, the last girl I kissed was 21 and she did she was a bad kisser, strange kisser, basically just stiffened up her tounge and opened her mouth.. I still kissed her my way and than we stopped because it was too difficult hah, I still like her just the same, and its funny because the next time we hooked up she kissed more like I initially kissed her before we had to stop... I thought it was adorable, better than some girl who you know has been with a million other guys before you...

What Guys Said 2

• He still enjoyed it :) this happened to me about a week ago with the girl I'm dating. I thought it was funny that she was so surprised and taken back. I don't look at her different or think she's weird I thought it was cute and I honestly can't wait to see her again. I don't think this guy really thought that you "screwed up" cause you didn't! Very rarely are first kisses as romantic and amazing as they make it out to be in the movies. They are usually kind of surprising and awkward :P

Dont worry about it he messeged you after and was clearly happy with how the night went, you did fine :) just keep going with it and make up for it next time ;)

Good luck and don't sweat it :)

• It's just a kiss.

What Girls Said 3

• no, it was jsut one kiss.

• yes it can!

• a bad kiss won't ruin everything!