Should I check his phone?

Yesterday when I was at my boyfriend of 2 years house, he was texting an ex. He admitted who he was texting when I asked but I saw a few of her texts over his shoulder and she was saying how she wished they had had sex and she would like to meet again. I didn't catch her full text or his responses.

I told him I saw some of it not what I saw just that I had and I asked him what they were talking about and he just said the past and that I shouldn't worry because he only wants me and that he loves me.

Now I do trust him and I don't think he will do anything but I really want to know exactly what was being said. I could have misread some of it or read it out of context. Its killing me not knowing and his vague answer made me nervous. I know he would not be happy if I read his texts.

My ex use to do this to me all the time and he would cheat on me so this makes me very nervous its almost like deja vu. Except I don't think my boyfriend is like my ex at all.

Should I just read the text and ease my mind and get over the situation but possibly piss him off or should I not read them and keep those questions in my mind unanswered? I feel bad if I look but this is driving me crazy. What should I do? And I'm not going to break up with him over this because I don't think he is going to do anything that is worth why of my losing him I do love him.

Most Helpful Guy

• OK, so if trust him so fully, if you're so convinced he's not going to cheat or do anything wrong, I don't get why this is killing you. It shouldn't. But yeah, I would strongly advise against snooping through his phone. If you absolutely MUST know, then take the slightly higher road, and talk to him. Tell him this is killing you. Tell him you're looking for peace of mind. Tell him why this is bothering you. Ask him if you can see the chat-log. Don't sneak around.

As of right now, everything you've said in this question shows that you don't trust him, and if you sneak by and snoop through his phone, you're only showing that he can't trust you either. Talk to him. Explain it to him. Ask him to show it to you, and finally, if he does, and everything is alright, try not to let this stuff eat at you in future.

What Guys Said 3

• Probably not a good idea. Someone invades my private space and suddenly I don't trust them nearly as much.

• Suggestion, stop dating male models and give average guys a shot

• Ask him to show you the texts, and gauge his reaction.

But do NOT snoop behind his back. That will lead to break ups, whether you like it or not.

What Girls Said 3

• no, don't do it

• no, don't do it

• i would ask to see them, if he says no you don't trust me he's hiding soemthing.