Democrat or Republican, and does it dffect who you date?

Are you a democrat, republican or independent? Also write below whether it influences who you date, would you not go out with someone who has different political views than you?

• Democrat
  • Republican
  • Independent
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you mean unaffiliated? Because there actually is an Independent Party.

Well, I registered as a Democrat, but I could care less what party people are affiliated with; my family is full of Republicans. My political views are only one part of who I am, so I would never turn away a guy I like just because his views are different.

• Independent is independent, the other option was for unaffiliated people

• Oh. . .why independent, of all parties?

What Girls Said 9

• I'm not officially affiliated with either; I fall somewhere in the middle. Unless the person is an extremely rigid democrat or republican (i.e., is very obnoxious and narrow-minded), it doesn't really matter.

• it would help if my potential boyfriend has the same views as me or had similar thoughts, but as long as he understood and respected me, I'm willing to be with someone who is as liberal minded as me ^_^v

• dating a republican would be really hard for me, but it would also be really fun because I would get to argue all the time =]

• I'm a republican and as long as they didn't want to get into political debates with me all the time then I think I'd be ok dating a democrat. Poking fun at each other is one thing, but don't tell me my beliefs are wrong.

• I could not date someone if their views were very different from mine. A few differences is alright but people that try to change my views p*ss me off like no other.

• republican and yes, because I have conservative values and ideals which many democrats don't agree with. its hard to find out what you have in common with someone when you're always bickering about politics so I tend to avoid it.

• I'll say one thing, from my own experience it does seem that Democrats are more likely to discuss politics more than Republicans. I'm not sure why that is.

• I'm more liberal minded in my views and I'd prefer if the person I dated was somewhat liberal as well. My boyfriend happens to be more conservative when it comes to most things. It does leave us with good conversation. As long as both people are mature about it, it wouldn't bother me

• I'm like Nixon. A conservative fiscally and with foreign policy, but I support things suck as the Clean Air and Water Acts.

• You're like nixon? LMAO!!!

• Whats wrong with Nixon? how about "when the president does it, its not illegal". nixon=dictator

• Umm, what about his recognition of China, without which we would still be in the Cold War. And all staes save Massachusetts and the District of Columbia voted him in his second term.

• umm idc

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not alligned with either party, but would probably most often be more comfortable with a republican for dating/relationship purposes. I say this as I'm fairly logical in my thinking, and have found in a number of "democrat" women, a propensity to act and react in a highly illogical, even irrational manner, based soley on emotions. In some cases laughably so. But, as Churchill is alleged to have said, "Anyone under the age of 18 who isn't a political liberal, has no heart, and anyone over the age of 18 who isn't a political conservative, has no brain. There are exceptions, but I suspect not many.

• I am independent with a small "i". I do not affiliate with any political party because they all have things that I just can't support. So I vote based on the pros and cons of each individual candidate. Political preferences never affected who I dated, but I think I would have a hard time with a person who was at either extreme and uncompromising in their views.

• I consider myself down the middle, but I lean more a bit to a Republican. But I don't think it's ever mattered to who I've dated in the past or my friends. It's just politics, and I personally hate politics.

I speak very much like a liberal however, so that kinda surprises people.

• I'm "other"

I'm pretty liberal on a lot of issues, but pretty conservative on a few.

But I find myself dating a lot of conservative republican girls.