Which is a bigger turn off in the opposite sex?

when it comes to dating someone.

also, would you date someone with these qualities assuming if they are awesome otherwise.

• He/she smokes a pack a day
  • He/she is 50 pounds overweight
so basically, both are almost equally bad. women think smoking is worse and men think being overweight is worse
another question:

link
you know what they say. if she smokes, she pokes

Most Helpful Girl

• I avoid fat guys like the plague so B

What Girls Said 37

• Smoking is the biggest turn off for me, most definitely. Not only do I find it dirty and gross, but cigarette smoke gives me an instant headache.

• The sight off him being overweight is not detrimental to my health. Him smoking around me, or even having the smell of smoke on him is bad for me as well as him. So I choose smoking.

• Well, if you are concerned about his health, being 50 LBS overweight carries the same health drawbacks as smoking. And there is no health drawbacks to a smell.

• I was referring first of all to MY health, not his. If he doesn't respect his body enough to eat healthy & not smoke, that is his business. And I seriously doubt I would date a man who was either obese or a smoker. But him being fat would be the LEAST detrimental to MY health.

You are incorrect in that there are poisonous chemicals in that smell. Especially second-hand smoke. Nicotine builds up on everything and it is a toxin.

• I will never date a smoker. I can't stand the smell and just knowing what he'd be doing to his body? Yeah, no thanks. Leave me out of it.

• B, in the immediate attraction test

A is way worse for the long run because I don't want my partner damaging their lungs...possibly mine...and pets too :P

I can jog with my man and we can get healthy together and our reward would be a healthier body, bonding, and a greater attraction. However, if he is a smoker and not willing to quit..I don't know how I would handle that.

• If I had to pick the worst out of the 2 choices it would be smoking.

And no I would not date the person if he had these qualities. Not a chance. We could be friends though.

• B.

I don't care about smoke that much. I am not attracted to Fat. 50 pounds is A LOT of extra weight. They will likely have a strong attachment to food and little to physical activity. am opposite of that. And anyways I couldn't have sex with someone if they were fat. Wed be friends.

• B for sure is more unattractive. Smoking I actually find kind of attractive --- in moderation of course.

• 50 pounds overweight is not nearly as bad as smoking a pack a day. If it were 100 pounds or more, I'd reconsider, but smoking is disgusting no matter who does it.

• It depends on the situation

Appearance is the first thing we notice about a person whether we admit it or not. I would assume it is rare to initially take notice of an addiction or habit, unless you meet the person while they are smoking or engaging in whatever addiction.

I would vote B, but assuming the guy is tall and carries his weight well, A is an instant deal breaker and turnoff. It's a terrible habit and I would prefer to be with someone who values their health and body. I understand it's a tough addiction to break; however, being with someone who smokes is something I personally am not interested in

From the fact that smoking slowly but surely causes your health to deteriorate to the fact that it smells horrible, smoking is repulsive and not something I could deal with

• Smoking...its like...no. Its such an automatic turn-off that I don't have time to even think about it!

• Smoking heavily for sure is a turn off for sure.It stays on your clothes and you feel like you are kissing an ashtray

• Have you ever kissed an ashtray? Everyone says the same line but kissing a smoker really isn't much different so long as it isn't straight after a smoke. It's miles ahead of thirsty, hungry or digestive problems breath.

• I have never kissed an ashtray. But I have drank out of a soda bottle someone else used as a ashtray while I had my back turned. And a cigarette or kissing a smoker taste nothing alike.

• Well I kissed a guy who did not smoke and he told me I taste like an ashtray lmao!

• How about being a pompous ass, a control freak, a lazy ass or home body.

• Someone, usually a woman, who likes to stay at home never going out and is every boring...the google definition is a person who likes to stay home and is usually unadventerous

• I can't even choose. Smoking, being dumb, being an a**hole, being overwheight, being too hairy, Those are the things I can't stand, and they all can make me go far from a guy instantly.

• Smoking is worse for me. My gag reflexes kick in when I smell cigarette smoke, so that wouldn't work in a relationship scenario. I'd be completely OK dating someone 50 lbs overweight. Also, guys are generally taller than girls and 50 lbs doesn't look like as much on someone who's 6' vs someone who's 5'.

• B, I don't mign a person who smokes.

• I picked A. Smoking is disgusting.

I've dated a guy that was a little overweight and it really wasn't a big deal to me.

• Smoking a pack a day is definitely a bigger turn off for me. I can't stand the smell or the fact that it tastes like I'm kissing an ash tray.

• I don't mind either of it but I would be worried for his health if I were to be in a long term relationship with a smoker.

• playing devils advocate here: being overweight is equally unhealthy

• Smoking is hard to quit. I can make him lose weight but stopping to smoke will be hard and he might not be OK with it so smoking is a bigger turn off for me.

• Smoking is an instant turn off. I've seen an extremely hot guy smoke a cigarette and I've seen a guy gain half his former weight. The cigarettes were a much bigger turn off.

• i chose smoking I don't like it

• A. I won't even date a guy who smokes. I HATE smoking with a passion. lol

• B, I wouldn't mind if he smoked because my Uncle Aunt Mom and Step Dad smokes so I'm sorta used to it:/ but I would never smoke.

• Lol, I said that same exact thing before I smoked for 21 years. Before I quit for three and counting.

• I'm not a smoker, but still I voted B.

Sometimes, smoking can look hot in a man.

• I'll take him to the gym with me. :p!

Smokers are ewwk xD

• None. The person I like now have both of what you mentioned

• If a guy smoked I would just ask him not to do it near me. I don't think I could date a guy who is really overweight...

• Smoking is an absolute deal-breaker for me. I don't care how gorgeous he is, the minute I find out he's a smoker, he doesn't have a chance. The exception to this is a guy who smokes an occasional cigar (when he's on vacation, at Christmas, on his birthday etc.)- meaning less than 20 a year. I can handle that as a sort of indulgence once in awhile...

I'll be honest- the overweight thing is also a large turnoff, but the difference is if I really like a guy's personality and there's an attraction there, I can definitely get past it. Besides, if I start hanging out with him, I might be able to convince him to run with me, do yoga with me, and eat my cooking simply because he wants to spend time with me. He'll be healthier for it and probably lose weight, but his lifestyle choices are ultimately up to him.

• I'd go with being overweight. I was in love with a guy who smoked two packs a day. It was an annoyance, but I still fell hard for him. I don't need a guy to have a perfect body, but 50 lbs overweight sounds like a lot. Especially since guys want us to stay as trim as possible for them and also have a high sex drive for them.

• both aren't huge deal breakers, that is if everything else about him is great, I can deal with both of those, I will say smoking is a bigger deal. Though my history proves otherwise, I always date skinny smokers!..lol What's important is health and over a long period of time the smoking is probably worse than a few extra lbs, even though smoking doesn't bother me that much.

• Smoking. The smell would stay on his clothes, hair and body. Plus, it won't be good for my health because I have asthma.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 15

• I think the answer of this question depends on how old you are. If you are less than 20/25, the anti smoking propaganda had already begun, so young people don't smoke and don't like others to. But if you are older, you either smoked yourself, still smoke or plain don't mind a smoker.

I started smoking in 1991 when I was 11. Smoked until I was 32. Still socially smoke, but only when drinking. My wife still smokes and I love the smell.

People just don't understand who are non-smokers and bitch about the smell or health effects of second hand smoke, that there is much more harmful things people willingly put into their systems all day everyday. I hear fat people saying they hate smokers, but I am fat. Well, being fat is just as harmful. People drive cars, that sh*t will kill you and you can't even see it. Even if you don't drive you are poisoned. Don't believe me, just back your car into your garage, close the overhead door, but leave your car running and stay in the garage. We will see how long it will take you to get dead. So many environmental toxins in the air. Even hairspray and perfume is not good for you. And most of the chemical cleaning solutions you use to clean your house is much more harmful.

High fructose corn syrup that commercial food companies put in almost every product under the sun and everybody thinks it's sugar when it's not is more harmful to you. Food preservatives, Food colorings, yellow 5, yellow 6, blue 1, blue 2, green 3, and all the rest of the food colorings are harmful. McDonalds is even harmful to you and thire "not real beef" that stays in your colon and doesn't rot after being stored for months or years.

Just because the government runs propaganda ads that something is bad for you, then people start to listen. But they forget about the more harmful stuff that has the same or worse effect. And that is supposed to be less important because those are the markets that keep the money works turning huh.

• While it does sound like an attempt to justify a bad habit, both of the choices are about equally unhealthy which we both agree on

• I never attempt to justify a bad habit. But we all have "A" bad habit, or a handful of them. But people would rather say, "eeew" about your habit, or "your habit is wrong" versus say, "I am just as bad as you for my habit as you are of yours". I just can't stand how people never think what they do is bad or harmful, but spend too much time worrying about someone elses or make other jump through hoops because my habit is harming them when their habits are just as harmful to them.

• idk smoking doesn't really bother me, as long as they aren't like obviously having problems due to it, like coughing up a lung all the time etc

I dislike weight so I said b

• Overweight for sure.

If they smoke they can go outside and do that and except for a slight smell/bad taste they're normal when they come back. Smokers can be sexy or not.

I don't know how big a pound is but 50 sounds like a lot. That is never good. And you can't do it outside, its permanent.

• Tough question. I voted A. As a former social smoker, I'm not a total prude against smoking of tobacco but a pack a day is A LOT of smoking.

• well that's not uncommon for people who do

• I'm doing OK at 5-6 a day ... I even go some days with only smoking a couple. I'll eventually quit I'm sure of it.

• Actually, its really not. It's more normal. I know people who smoke more than a pack.

• I don't care if the girl smokes ... because I do too. I don't smoke a pack a day, I smoke about 5-6. Some days I smoke 3 even.

Being overweight is another story. I don't want my wife to be overweight, for example, because I know she'll end up dying before I do ...

• Both are turn offs but A is a bigger turn off without thinking twice.

• She's overweight then No. I would not date someone that much overweight.

• I voted A. I hate smoking and a pack a day is a lot. I find girls who smoke a complete turn-off.

• It would be a turn-off if she smokes a pack a day because she will be risking herself to get cancer and I would not want to put up with that issue.

• Smoking is an absolute turn-off!

• There is mouthwash, brushing your teeth and gum for smoking and for being 50 lbs overweight there is.

• 50 pounds overweight. I am going through nicotine withdrawal right now so I might be a little biased haha. both are really bad though...but I would date a smoker, so eh

• you should have added he doesn't have a perfect face

• They're both complete deal breakers but I guess is say overweight is a bigger turn of because its unhealthy and visually unattractive

• I wouldn't date a smoker and I wouldn't date an overweight girl, but I guess B is more off a turn off if I have to choose just one