Do online relationships work or end in marriage?

I pursued this guy I met online 2 or 3 years ago and he got married to a woman who treated him horribly and terribly and I believe they are on the verge of getting a divorce now - he wouldn't give me the time of day in the past but now I have been receiving e-mails from somebody claiming to be him - a lot of people know my e-mail account so I'm not sure if it's him but this guy is extremely wealthy, in good shape, tall and fit - and we have never met in person. He is also extremely religious and believes in court ship - NOT dating so I want to know if I had a good chance of actually dating or marrying this guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard on the news that 1/3 of all marriages today started online. Apparently they last longer than other marriages.

What Guys Said 4

• It honestly sounds like an online scam. There are many online scams around the on the female side a lot of guys know if they tell a girl things like he has a lot of money and stuff they know the girl will bite. Those types of emails usually end up in money requests from someone claiming they are stuck and need help.

• You were no doubt one of many online contacts he had, and as a wealthy guy--plenty of 'real time' women pursuing him as well.

Online or not, wealthy guys are hard to attach!

• You have a good chance of it ending in marriage.

• All marriages today seem to end in divorce, so I'm gonna go with that one.

What Girls Said 3

• Any one can lie about being rich, good looking and and fit.

• I say most don't but I have a cousin that married through that

• my cousins ten year online relationship ende in marriage