What would you do if you were me?

on the last day of school I told my crush that I liked him. he didn't flat out say " I only like you as a friend" he said he wanted to become better friends. I know that's probably the same thing but I'm not sure. that's not what my question is about. anyways, I gave him my number and told him to feel free to text me because I would be busy during the summer and wouldn't be able to get on the computer much. (we talked through messaging online if we werent at school). he also said he would make sure to text me.

well its been three or four weeks since I've told him and he hasn't texted me or messaged me online. he was away in FL for the first week and a half of summer so I could see why he wouldn't text me then. but what do I do now? do I just wait for the rest of the summer or contact him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Call him to say hi, how are things. At 18, he could be doing a lot of important school related things or other responsibilities with work or other plans. I don't understand women who think that no contact means he is not interested. Guys have to get going with school / work and maybe car or family issues, all are very important to what happens next to him. Male identity is bound up with what you do, your degree, getting good grades and getting a job. Without that woman are often not that interested. You women who think he has no excuse not to contact and never call him back are a little out of touch. Do you all plan to just be socialites, not get work, and it doesn't matter. It's true we guys will still date you if you can smile, laugh and be feminine. If a guy does the same thing, I think you would all drop him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I mean, perhaps he forgot within the whole mist of going away to Florida and everything. I say definitely give it a go and message him on Facebook.

• i would never ever talk to him

• i would never contact him again

• You should just text him a simple "Hey:)" and see how it goes from there, that's what I'd do.. If the conversation gets going, bring up the fact that you haven't talked to him in ages, or maybe bring up that last day in school and he'd be sure to say something about it :)

• well I don't have his number :P also I told him on FB messenger ( I know, lamee) but I didn't respond back to his message because I felt like if I responded he probably wouldn't reply back again, so I'm afraid maybe he hasn't tried to contact me because of that?