Girls, do you have any idea how many of us like tomboys?

I think maybe girls don't know, so here is a poll

• Like tomboys
  • Don't like them
  • Girls who want to know
We want girls who are submissive in bed, most of us anyway. But we think it is cool if they can fix a car, don't care if they get dirty hands, and aren't scared to play sports with the boys! Also, makeup is over rated.
I have known girls who play football with guys, and I admire them. They get knocked on their tushies a lot, but they take a licking and keep on ticking.
Girls, I told you! Look at the votes!

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks for posting this. I really hate when guys act all surprised when I ask if I can play call of duty with them. Theyre all like," girls play video games?!?!" I'm beast at call of duty and can beat any guy up. Easy. I hate painting my nails, getting dressed up and alll that crap. I am SOOO competitive I can beat any guy at pretty much any sport. Just teach me if I don't already kno and that's it your toast. The only thing I probably do that is girly is I fix my hair only because its long and so annoying when its in my face especially when I'm playing sports. I basically wear jeans and either a jersey or graphic tee everyday with a hoodie never dresses or skirts or flowing blouses. unlike most girls, gym is my favorite subject in school and I really wann puch the principal bcuz we only have gym twice a week. If I could have gym all day instead ofnlike english and math and all those other worthless classes, I would! I use chapstick but that doesn't cont as makeup lol. Basically I'm absolutley NO girly girl. I kno boys like tomboys cause half my friends are guys and most of them like me. And btw I'm not conceited. I kno I kinda sound it but I'm really not. I'm just trying to prove a point lol =]

What Girls Said 34

• Ha! Yeah, ok. Def don't believe this one.

I've been a tomboy my whole life and I've ALWAYS been the girl best friend, NEVER the girlfriend. I've had like one real boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Usually what happens is I get a crush on a guy, start hanging out and he thinks "Wow, she's really cool to chill with" and I become his BEST friend, then once I finally get over him and stop liking him and start liking another guy (even though I still hang out with him just as much) he suddenly realizes "Wait, I love you" and then it's just too late cus I already lost those feelings for him and only love him as a friend.

Has happened SO many times.

So if guys really like tomboy girls then why do they always choose the prissy-missy ones over us?

• He doesn't believe that you'd actually like him in that way, since you seem to be acting like just one of his friends. It's only when you move on does he notice the shift in your attitude and realize that you did like him in that way all along.

• I'm just flirting a little. I do that. Girly guy? hmm, in a few ways--like being sensitive, and a really feeling person. Passionate, intense. Other ways, not at all. very dominate about sex. Tough and stubborn and don't mind physical pain. but very non egotistical, in a male ego way. I don't care if she drives, for example. So I guess I am a mix of M and F traits.

• Haha alright. Flirting is definitely not frowned upon.

I just like a guy that I can feel comfortable around. I don't like feeling out of my element which is why I hate going to fancy restaurants. I mean, I'm really too country for that and asking the waiter "Hey, where's the can?" doesn't exactly draw good attention. Haha. And touchy feely weirds me out (at least in the beginning) but flirt-touching (like wrestling or tackling) is great.

So do really prissy-missys make you uncomfortable?

• I've always been a tomboy. Fav movies are First Blood, Rocky, Scarface, Blackhawk Down, The Wrestler, Fight Club, etc. I love any video games, especially snes/older systems, can kick ass on any game. Love watching and playing sports, football, volleyball, etc. I love to drink (beer) and just laugh and have fun with my friends (most who are guys). It's extremely hard to find a girl for a friend because most girls are toooooo competitve, will talk trash about you when you're not around, stab you in the back, superficial and shallow.

I'm a big tomboy but I look very much like a girl. Anyway, in my experience, I can't get a relationship to last longer than 3 months so these supposed guys who like tomboys are probably actually few and far between. I get told I'm awesome frequently, but I never seem to be girlfriend material, they go for the girly girls!

• I'm a tomboy, always have been, always will be. I don't like skirts or dresses, hardly ever wear makeup, and despise shopping. Give me my coveralls, rubber boots, my quad and a mudhole, and I'm very happy. I love sports, and have my favourite teams that I pull for.

As for my experiences with guys, some like tomboys, some don't. But personally whether a girl would rather wear pink and skirts and dresses all the time or jeans, t-shirts and sneakers and play football with the boys is besides the point. Shouldn't it be about personality?

The guys who tend to show interest in me (and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little slow to pick up on it unless it's blatantly obvious) are more looking for somebody that doesn't need to be pampered, and isn't afraid to get dirty.

Terri Clarks song "Dirty Girl" is a good one to listen to the lyrics. That's pretty much how tomboys feel. Listen to it or read the lyrics, it makes sense.

• lol I dare to digress. I wear make up and guys like it.

But I like sports for sure. Just because I do. I love snowboarding, soccer and martial arts so I don't know if that would make me a tom boy. I seem to change styles when I feel like it

• i'm that thing between tomboys and girly girls...

i like joining boys in video games, I like watching them playing football and all rough things I like watching fights on TVs and so on ...

i don't mind doing boyish things and ready to talk openly about all guys interests and I actually like it when we agree on most of things, because it makes me feel like I can understand men ...yessss yesss !..loool

still I like shopping and looking good, little bit of make up to hide any scratches or lack of sleeping, but I don't like heels at all, I don't prefer wearing skirt nor dresses :D

still girls can look sexy and attractive when wearing a jeans and a t-shirt or chemise, so yes its not what you wear that makes you girly girls its your attitude and the way we present ourselves...

and I can find it better to be able to deal with guys as they want to be treated not as you want to feel they want a doll and a barbie to be with them !...

• I play sports with the guys and I particularly love getting dirty and being rough. On the other hand, I also love being pampered and being clean. I like being submissive but I also love being in control during sex. I'm the best of both worlds. I'm by no means a tomboy and I'm pretty sure guys like girls who don't mind these things and who occasionally wear their t-shirts, but I'm sure most guys aren't fond of girls who dress like dudes everyday and never wash their hair or paint their nails or wear make-up on certain occasions. So tomboy might not be the word you want to use to describe the girl most guys like.

• I am a tomboy and damn proud of it, I can run with the boys just as good as a guy can, I fish, hunt, work on cars, play sports,even get in scraps with guys and I love it, but I do have to admit the bedroom is the one place that I'm all girl and very submissive

• thanks for asking this, I'm a tomboy and its hard sumtimes guys don't seems to be interested it just seems like they think of me as a bud, hehe I'm submissive sumwat I like when a guy takes charge to a point its hot

• I've always been a tomboy but didn't always attract the guys.

Until I started wearing a bra along with mascara.

I model, act, do gymnastics..

I still do the guy stuff though.

I'll always be considered a tomboy but I'm still a girl.

Can't wear white because it'd never stay white...I still do anyway.

I still skateboard and I still wear my big brothers clothes sometimes.

I'm rude... I can kick your ass at anything you think you're good at.

I can probably beat you at arm wrestling.

I can fix your sink and anything else in your house.

I had a mud fight after prom in my $500 dollar dress.

My Momaw tried to raise me into a nice young lady but that just didn't happen.

I've never hung with them and still don't hang out with the girly girls.

The girls I hang with are lesbians or just different.

Pretty much all my friends are guys.

And I get tons of attention from them too.

So I have a pretty good idea of how many of you like tomboys.

• i'm a tomboy. I mean, I will never wear a skirt or dress. I love playing video games and I love playing sports. I hate shopping and make-up. I heard that makeup is made from grease. (not sure if its true but would still be funny) I hate all the girly things. what I love most is going for a hike in unknown territory. just being able to explore makes me happy.

• Yep you are a tomboy. Hurray!

• Princess, there are other factors. We like tomboys, but if you weigh 300 lbs, you ain't gonna get a date. We think makeup is silly, but if mirrors break when you look at them, it's not gonna happen.

• I don't date. I stick guys in the friend zone! lol I don't kow why I don't date but I just don't...

• I don't think a guy is going to go for the tomboy girl who looks like she could pass for a boy, he's going to go for the tomboy girl who looks like a girl, but enjoys boy things. You want a girl who can do her hair/makeup, dress herself nice, and look pretty but can also fix a car and play video games, otherwise you're going to look like you're into guys.

• my boyfriend used to love my ways,i like hard music I play guitar I play sports,camping and all I'm down for everything but I do dress up cute for we are with friends who has lady like girls,so he won't be looking bad for them.but yeh he likes my boyesh side alot..this is in bed too,i dominate sometimes it comes from the deep witn in but I totally don't fantasize about sleeping with other girl...

but man has to be a man,they have to feel dominant and not over powered...i submit at times but to the good amount..when we fight we fight like crazy..if he chokes me I kick his butt to the floor one time he tried and hit me and I hit him back so he didn't do it anymore..i am a gorgeous girl and tomboy is big part of me at the same time..i won't care if he is gay(he's not) or something as long as sex is good and he do not ever use my girl closet..

i would love to have a man that just love me for me...he cheated because now he thinks he likes girls on the 80s that he used to love awww poor me..

• i'm definantely not a die hard girly girly nor am I wearing overalls and playing football.

mainly:

because I'm tiny and I do a lot of things...

i can fix things, I can build things, I do repares and I also,

paint my nails, wear a bit of makeup and have cute underwear.

it's all about balancing!

• I think its great that some guys fall for the tom boy-- or do you call it a tom girl type? Well its great to find a girl that's attractive but also down for the same stuff your interested in. They make a great lover, bestfriend and spouse down the road.

Of course every guy wants the hot girl that knocks other girls out ofthe park and makes all the other girls jealous cause she's with you and not them. But some times the girls that are the most full of themselfs can be the dangerous ones. The ones that flirt, are a big tease and more likley to cheat on you. I would pick someone that I'm most comfortable with and know are going to stick with you.

I'm sure you can find the best of both worlds, the girl with the looks and great personality. But in the long run you do want some one that has things in common with you. I know having a similar interest is a plus. But lets not expect the guys to have similar things to the womens perspective.

I think in the long road you should be looking for someone that enjoys the same thing as you.. that's who you grow to love. The looks part is either there or you learn to like them. But shooting for a super hot girl and other things not falling in place is a headache to deal with.

This is just the way I think.. But its working out gerat with me and my husband and I fall in teh tom boy catergory and still cute.

• I actually know a lot of guys who like girls who are in between girly and tomboy. As a tomboy myself with a little bit of a girly side I notice that I get seen as "one of the guys" more than a potential girlfriend. It is very refreshing to see that you're a guy who put this out there because it gets frusterating not being seen as girly enough to be girlfriend material

• what does it mean to be one of the guys?

Idk because most of my friends are guys but it doesn't stop them from hitting on me& I dint think I'm specifically girly or tom boy- I don't know I'm just a person with a lot of curiosity about the world.. but m curious what you think guys think one of the guys is& what you think it is.. :)

• i mean I have guy friends that hit on me but then there's the ones who don't see me like that. when I say one of the guys I mean I love to play and talk sports, get dirty, and I love playin paintball. most of my guy friends invite me to hang out to do those things but I've had some say they didn't want to date a girl who's like their best friend

• I've been a TomBoy my whole life. When I was little I dug up worms to go fishing and caught frogs and snakes in the swamp. I had a pet spider. Every Monday I used to go to my boyfriend's house (when we were just friends) and work on cars. Every Wednesday I would go to my other friend's house to play baseball. And every Friday I went (and still go to) my dad's band practice. My family has 3 quads, 6 snowmobiles, and 2 jetskiis. I own one pink skirt, that I fell in a mud hole in. But I love being a TomBoy. I can still act like a girl at times. I've always loved makeup and shopping. Sometimes I get called a whore because all my friends are guys and A LOT of them fall for me. I DO have an amazing boyfriend who loves me for who I am. I'm the only "TomBoy" he's ever dated. And it's pretty amazing what we have. (:

• I may not be super athletic.. I'm a total klutz but my guy friends love me for being laid back and be able to hang out with them :) Its good to know that you don't have to be a girly girl to be liked by most guys

• I've always been the one who has all guy friends. No one knows it looking at me, they all think I must be a girly girl the way I look and dress but I am a tom boy. Though, I do like looking good, (makeup and dressing cute) I absolutly love sports. I play football with the boys, wrestle ( I'm really rough for being little [5'4]), I love to watch UFC fighting (GSP, Brock, Chuck, Silva). Love scary movies, and comedies HATE chick flicks.There's plenty more just ask me anything :) lol

• Did you try to capture toads as a girl, or did you pick flowers? lol

• I used to pick up rollie pollies aha

• I'm pretty much the same way. Although more of a baseball fan than a football one.

• I tried being a tomboy and I didn't get attention. as soon as I got girly, every guy was all over me.

• I think some girl's probably are better as tomboys and others girly.

You just need to figure out what ur good at and work it.

• :) thanks for the poll

• I've had a few of my guy friends joke and ask why they didn't meet me before. They think it's great that I love video games and talk at their level. It almost puts you more at level with them than just a girl they think is hot.

• I consider myself a girly girl but that doesn't change the fact that:

1. 'LEFT FOR DEAD' IS THE BEST GAME EVER!

2. I don't wear gloves when I plant trees. Yes, I plant trees often.

3. I will attempt to tackle you in football. I say attempt because I'm really tiny.

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

• Okay well, I myself were makeup (only eye makeup) and I like to were nice clothes. But I also really like video games and don't care much about spa days or stuff like that. Not all girls fit into the category of Tom-boy or girly-girl. That's like saying there two types of guys the athletic or the nerd. I'm pretty sure there's smart guys that are also sporty.

• Hmmm interesting...

• See I'm a country girl and can't stand girls that are like omg I broke a nail or anything like that so it's nice to hear that guys like girls like me :).

• What do you mean by tomboy? As in the girl looks like a tomboy or acts like one?

• I could be considered both types. I can get dressed up and become a beauty queen when it's needed but I'm game for a good game of basketball or soccer any day.

• its weird some times I can be tomboyish and then I can be really girly

think I have mixed personlity hahaa

i guess I'm not a tomboy and I'm not a girly girl

i'm somewhere in between

edging towards the tomboy side.

• i wanna see if my dad will teach me how to hot wire a car. I would play sports, but I would embarass myself. lol. yea I'm girly. but I love to get muddy and I love to get dirty :p lol

• Well guys think oh yeah they don't need make up but its more for self confidence. but all of the rest like sports I agree with.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 12

• k, as for sports, idk, that kind of tomboy isn't a turnon... but the mechanic type tomboy... oh my, there isn't much better. and I agree. I actually ask my girfriends to stop wearing so much makeup. It doesn't make you look better, it makes ou look like you spent useless money and time just to look like you are wearing a mask. WE like you the way you are.. most of you at least.

• Submissive in bed? You don't speak for all men. A woman who is aggressive in bed is a delight.

• I would like a tom girl to a certain point..I would want her to be able to dress up when we went out and being able to do stuff that I like to do like sports would be great... I rather have a tom girl then a girl who brings heels to go on a hike or something like that lol

• I've been with girly girls, and tomboys.

But, my preference is the happy medium.

There's nothing more attractive to me than a nice, fairly girlish girl, playing video games...

Unless she's better than me at them, haha

• Meh I don't really like them, but have nothing against them. I mean if your so tomboyish you dress like a guy then its a turn off, if your sporty then its fine, but if your like some crazy hiker not for me but I'm sure there are hikers who want a girl to come along with them.

• nicely dun and gud question

u will b suprised by how many gurlz love us tomboyz ;) iss sad most wnt admit it

an to wah sum people av ritten, deres so many difrent wayz of describin tomboyz, buh you do also geh onez dah juss simply and plainly feel like dey shudve been born a guy buh dey knw because dey got a girlz body da dey gta make suin out of it so turn out wearin boyz clothes and actin boyish. it dnt gta b bout carin about your apperance because I dnt wear da makeup and sh*t buh I dress sikk if I may say so maself

brap

• ok am being truthfull when I say this no I don't like tomboys I like girl girls. trust me I have a sister same age asa me and she's a tom boys and from I see tomboys are girls who just won't except for who they are no matter how hard you try to show it :(

• any girl who acts like she's got a dick...will not get any attention from the guys...sorry all you tomboys.

• My wifes like that, she is pretty tomboyish but still has that other more girly side in her too. Perfect combination if you ask me and... DOWN WITH THE MAEKUP!

• Nahh you want a girl to be girly... ya have mates to play call of duty with. Ya don't want to be thinking about her t*ts, ass... sex... shaggin when your in the middle of an important mission!

Think of the mission people!

• listen...in my opinion some GUY who goes after a GIRL who acts like a GUY is most likely gay...why would any guy want a chick who acted like a man? clearly ur a raging homo...and you are just in the closet and for this my man...YOU SHOULD BE SHOT

• Your woman preference describes me uncannily. I'm an engineer and am pretty handy around the house, I get my hands dirty all the time, I represented my high school in hockey(as the goalie) I used to love playing soccer with my boyfriend and his mates (also as goalie, I have good reflexes) I did taekwondo for 7 years and competed in state level tournements, I'm a gamer and play gainst my boyfreind a lot (even though he slaughters me most of the time lol)

But as for submissive in bed, I reckon my boyfriend and I are equally submissive/dominant. I don't know many other girls like me though