Whats wrong with this kid? Why does he act like this?

There is a guy at my job,(he's white I'm black).I'm only mentioning this because I don't know if its a factor in his overall behavior.Anyway,he always flirts heavily and even has my number from last summer...but he fails to follow through.I worked with him about 3 weeks back,and he said he would call (even though I was in disbelief).So he did call...but leaves no message.I text asking who it was...no response.So I finally find out that its HIS number so I call...no answer.In fact,it almost seemed like he pushed me through to voice mail.Anyway,I didn't leave a message because I think this whole thing is stupid.If you're interested,then act right and be forward.Leave a message.Do what you have to do.But at this point he is acting like a complete flake.Last year,he had an opportunity to start something as well...and he dropped the ball then too. I asked a mutual friend about him,and he is seemingly very socially awkward.Like he literally acts like a child when it involves girls...he is 25...what gives? I feel like I'm just going to start ignoring him when I see him because this is ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• how is he in person, does he flirt?

• Yes.Everytime we work together he flirts heavily and even waits for me after work and walks me where ever I'm going.Last time we worked he walked me over 20 blocks.The only reason he didn't walk me further was because he had to take the train.Last year,we took a taxi since we lived not too far from each other,he offered to pay for it and he basically took me all the way to my doorstep and made sure I got in safe.As far as I know,and have found out,he is not dating anyone else...and he is

• seemingly nice with everyone...but very socially awkward with girls.So he basically flirts but never really closes the deal and takes you on a date etc. He doesn't seem like he is coming from a terrible place.I don't feel like he is a player or anything...but then again who knows.I just know that he almost seems childlike in terms of taking things further...

What Guys Said 2

• hes shy or doesn't have game.

• nevermind, he doesn't like you

What Girls Said 2

• i don't think he likes you properly

• i think he has an interest in you but he's shy.