Dating bartender? a good idea or not?

Hi, I would like to know if any of you people has ever dated or is dating a bartender. And what your experiences are with dating bartenders?

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly I worked as a bartender before but the thing I have to warn you about is not the customers, its the whole working in the restaurant atmosphere. Its really strange how often coworkers hook up with each other there, even if they have bf/ girlfriend outside work.

What Guys Said 3

• Had a girlfriend who did it.

She got hit on my men and women of all ages, races, and backgrounds. Women usually get good tips, you make most of your money on your tips. You will probably get groped and fondled by men and the will say some nasty things to you. Just have to brush it off, bartending is an art for in my opinion, Each person make the drink different. A Gin and tonic( my favorite btw) tastes different from bar to bar. Had some really good one had ones that taste like pure alcohol.

• This doesn't cover all bartenders, as I mean not to stereotype, however I'm a guy, and have dated bartenders in the past. I found the chances of them drinking in excess are high, comes with the territory. Same goes for partying, barhopping with patrons etc. Typically they will work some night shifts and that means them coming home at 2-4 in the morning, and sleep until noon the next day. Seems they spend lots of money on going out and partying, often at the very bar they work in which can paint a picture for themselves, not often a good one. Because of that, what little money the make is spent (some do okay/just enough moneywise but if its spent carelessly well you know...), leaving the expenses in your hands. If your the jeolous type forget it, gotta have trust-period. They meet new people every day who often are attractive and maybe better off in the cash dept, false promises, which can be tempting to them. Thats my take on the situation. I have had roller coaster rides and was or though anyway I was in love, but in the end it was not what I thought it was. Good luck and decide if that you would want to persue! Like I said, this doesn't speak for all bartenders, but I think a certain percentage.

• bad idea

• Why is that?

• just is I'm free to date. he will cheat

What Girls Said 3

• I've never dated a bartender. But I am in a relationship with a server that does cocktail shifts.

It's probably not the best relationship for you if you're not super into drinking (not that he will be) or if you're the jealous type. To make good money at a job like that the person has to be flirty, is often flirted with, and probably works with other women. Additionally their work hours suck and are unpredictable as is their income and occassionally even their managers or store owners.

All in all it should really come down to the person, if you guys have a good thing going and if he seems trust worthy. He pay be a social animal or a partier, or his work may encourage him to crave quiet nights alone cuddling on the couch and watching a good flick. All in all the job probably doesn't say much about him, in the end, its just income.

• But they say that bartenders are often " players" . Because it is easier for them to get girls due to all the attention they get. Don't know in how far this could be true..depends on the guy himself I think...

• Well if we always listened to things "they say," we wouldn't be going very far in life. I mean there's just as likely a chance that they guys worth it, why miss out on an opportunity because it might go bad? No one can predict the future or tell you what someone's all about - except that someone. my two cents. No harm in going on a couple dates to find out, at least there's be no regrets. By the way, the only time I didn't take that risk, is with my current boyfriend. I tracked him down years later + fell in<3

• thanks, you have a good point there

• i think its a bad idea if he can talk to many customers, if he's busy all the time then its ol

• i don't like to classify someone based on the profession because I am studying to be a lawyer and I hate that people might think of me a certain way because I am not very aggressive and bossy...though I am very analytical and thoughtful and a critical thinker.

so it is inevitable that people generally have some traits or circumstances of their profession.

a bartender generally will be social, laid back, fun. some of the negatives are-likely into partying, surrounded by the opposite sex, maybe promiscuous, flirty.