Dating a friends Ex Wife

This is a Jerry Springer episode in the making, but I have to ask this. lol. Early this year I started dating a girl that was married to a friend of mine for 5-6 years. They separated & filed for divorce and we started dating a few month later (no affair, no pre-planning, etc). It just happened. This is a long time friend of mine, but by no means a close friend (someone I met through other friends that I see maybe 2-3 times a year at the most). We dated for about 2-3 months and about a 2 months ago she got kind of distant out of nowhere one day and then I found out she went back to her ex about a month ago... Well, that was something I was prepared could happen given the situation, so I'm by no means mad and wanted them both to be happy... BUT, the reunion lasted less than 2 weeks and about 2 weeks ago they split back up... My question is, what are peoples thoughts on contacting this girl to date again. She has not initiated any contact to me, so do you think I should wait a month, 6 months, a year, etc to reach out & say "hey" and try to set a date? I liked the girl and she never did me wrong. I know she went back to her ex (my friend), but we were by no means exclusive & I was dating other people, but I like this one but the situation is obviously unique... thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that, if she wanted to date you again, she would contact you. She left you for a reason, her ex, so she must still love him or can't get him out of her mind. I'm not gonna say: "wait two weeks and 6 hours, she'll be totally into you".

There is no limit to wait to text someone after they broke up. She could be over her ex within a day or within a month or two months. Just text her when you feel like it and ask if she fancies meeting up.

• True, but she could have left me because I did something to turn her off too... She was all into me and then one day it was just a 180 turn around out of nowhere... Maybe its best to not contact her at all and see if she reaches out to ME?...

• true, but a week ago I sent a text about some dude that was talking about her at a bar that I overheard & didn't know who I was (I wasn't ripping her about it. I was just laughing & she was just saying "what?! who?! I'm not seeing anyone!), so that may play a factor in waiting awhile longer... Wasnt the best move on my part, but what's done is done...

• Again: it's just a text...Don't over think things, just text her when you want to text her.

What Girls Said 2

• i think you should just find another woman to date

• i don't think you should make the effort, to me its a waste of time.

What Guys Said 1

• that is too much drama dude