Is being a Muslim an automatic turn off? Would you go on a first date ?

Hi,

I have been living in Europe for 8 years now. I just got out of a long term relationship . Now I am a modern guy and not an extremist or anything.

Would you date or give a chance to someone who is Muslim if he expressed genuine interest in you ?

• I would give him a chance and get to know the person.
  • No, I wouldn't even go on a first date.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, if he could live with the fact than I am not one bit religious, I respect religious people though, and as long as he didn't force it on me, respect goes both ways:)

But I am a dane, and after the muhammed drawing people really dislike us (even if we didn't like it either..)

• Funny.. I was working in Denmark when it happened. I have many danish friends. I don't hate danes one bit. og jag talar lite dansk ;)

• I prefer the country-side here, so calm and beautiful, not the big stinky city XD

• I agree.

What Girls Said 10

• I can't for religious reasons

• If I were single I would, due to me having some family in Kuwait who are Muslim.

Just depends on the person. :)

• me-no. every other girl I know-yes.

• Do you know by any chance why would it be a turn off for them ?

• no,no,i answered your last question-i wouldn't date a Muslim-because I'm an atheist and would debate you to death,but my friends would-even the christians,my country is full of mixed marriages.

• ohh OK .. that is no problems.. I respect all beliefs and disbeliefs

• it wouldn't be an automatic turn off

• Thanks for your answer!

• if I found you attractive iw wouldn't mind dating you.

• That is fair. Thanks!

• I would go out with him, but in general I would be a bit more careful than with guys that are not religious or belong to another religion.

I honestly don't think it's what I'm looking for though. I used to have Muslim housemates one and their habits (of which a lot were due to religion) drove me nuts

• I live in Canada and dating a Muslim guy is normal here. Its definitely not a turn off.

• ye it is a turn off and I will not consider dating them tbh

• Thanks.. could you kindly explain why ?

• Ofcourse. I understand you had negative experiences and this is a valid reason to not want to date someone. I hope they behave better from now on . All the best my friend.

• aww thanks! all the best to you as well! ^-^

• Not if they practice their religion

• why the downvote? this means one that doesn't think women are worth half of a man and have the intelligence half way between a donkey and human. Also I like music although Christian cultured 'moderate' Muslims don't have an issue with it, neither do they, western Muslims have more western views than islamic and hardly ever even read anything about their own religion to know anything so that is more acceptable to date

• My friend, I didn't down vote you nor do I think women are less intelligent or capable than men . I listen to music and go to concerts . And I am born and raised in a country that calls itself Islamic. No judgement on you from my side . Have a nice day and thank you for participating .

• Personality I wouldn't but it is not a turn off

What Guys Said 2

• There is no way in hell I would date a Muslim. Even if she was a moderate that doesn't mean her family is. It doesn't mean her relatives "back home" won't get involved.

I think any non-Muslim in the west is just asking for trouble dating a Muslim, especially a western man dating a Muslim woman. Even if she's willing, what are her brothers going to think? What about her male cousins back home? Do you think they'd say "oh sure, go right ahead"?

I went through that with my best friend who dated a Muslim. Let's just say it got pretty ugly. Kidnappings, death threats, escapes in the middle of the night. Crazy nutty people, and those were moderates who had largely been "westernized".

• I wouldn't mind. I've been friends with quite a few Muslims and the ones I know have been very good people. That being said I don't think many would be okay with me not believing in a higher power so it probably wouldn't work in the end haha