How to tell my parents I have a date with a new guy?

This is gonna sound stupid expecialy since I'm 22, but I have a date this weekend planed with a new guy, and I'm planning on sleeping over at his house. The main reason being is I don't want to catch public transport alone at night as a young lady, and I don't want to drive since then I can't have a drink. Anyway I still live with my parents and I'm nervous bout telling them I want to sleepover at a guys place and I have a new boyfriend.

I've had boyfriends before but haven't had to tell my parents often but the main reason I've been so secretive bout this is when I was 16 I had my 1st boyfriend and when mum found out she decided to have "the talk", but of course I already knew all bout sex. This sex talk was her sitting me down and telling me bout her 1st time, and what her and my dad do in the bedroom... So awkward and gross. Ever since that convo I've avoided talking to my parents about relationships as much as possible.

Now I have a new guy who treats me like a princess, and I just know after our date ill be coming home with flowers and so I feel like I have to say something but, I was to avoid a horrible convo.

how do I tell mum I have a new guy and that I'm not gonna be home without the awkwardness? Any advice would help a lot... I really like this guy and I think that if it works out I can see myself introducing my parents to him just not right now

Most Helpful Girl

• i would just say that I am staying over at another friends house

What Guys Said 1

• You could tell them that you won't be coming home that night since you are drinking and plan to stay at a friend's house until morning in order to be safe. Leave it general but let them know you are being safe about yourself.

What Girls Said 4

• It seems your parents are open to premarital sex because your mom told you about it. I wouldn't worry about telling them. Just say you're sleeping over at your "guy friend"'s house. That is, if you're not ready to tell them. Or you could go midway and say you're just dating and you'll see where it goes. I did that with my ex before and it was fine.

• get a cab home... problem solved!

• Are your parents usually home in the morning?

• yes they are normally

• Oh well I would leave them a note or a voice mail just to be on the safe side so they know where you are at, and since you live with your parents you have to let them know where you are at, I mean you are 22 so if its with a guy just tell them, I think the sleeping over already implies enough. I mean its no secret you are an adult woman your parents know more about you than you do

• i would just tell my parents I'm going to a bar but then stay at a frineds house because you don't want to drink and drive.