To text or not to text?

So here's the situation. Met a guy online back in January. We were emailing and the conversation was going well. His company was going through a buyout at the time and he was working ridiculous hours. He kept apologizing for it. Anyway, things fizzled out. So here we are 6 months later and he contacts me out of the blue. The buyout is complete and he is finally on a well deserved vacation in Florida and he wants to start the conversation again. He has been texting me and we are sharing pics (pg). We plan to Skype in a few days. He has Skye on his phone. So here's my question...how long do I let him lead? I don't want him to think I'm not interested. Is it OK to text him first once in awhile? I'd let him lead 90% of the time especially in the beginning but want him to know I do think about him by flirting. Or do you guys prefer to chase all of the time in the beginning until you're in a relationship?

Thanks everyone. I did send him a light text to let him know I was thinking about him. Nothing too heavy. He replied very upbeat. So now I'll let him take the lead again. Great advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• just text him

What Guys Said 1

• Anytime you have this dilemma in your life just text. The only time you should not text is when it will bring things that were previously bad to you.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's okay to text him first sometimes. He shouldn't do all the work. But definitely let him know you're (still) interested by flirting, just so he knows things are still going well between you two.

• i think you should try and text him.