What age do you believe is the right age to start dating?

Is having a relationship in middle school too early or is that when people should start to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• My little sister is in middle school and she is definitely not ready date yet. I think that once they start high school (9th grade) it's fine, though, especially with things like school dances being regular occurrences in high school. However, it is mostly subjective and like the previous commenter said, there isn't a universal right age. Everybody matures at different rates, so it really depends on the person.

What Guys Said 1

• There isn't a universal "right" age. But I'd actually say middle school, maybe 7th grade? is a good age.

What Girls Said 1

• I had dates in middle school to dances. I "went out" with people but we never actually went anywhere together. I think it would have been totally fine if we did. Sweet sixteen and never been kissed did not apply to me, as I got my first kiss when I was fifteen. I was kind of ticked off when people said that didn't apply to me. But yeah, I think middle school is appropriate.