Guy being pushy/Me being slow

Hi everyone,

I just started dating this new guy who I met through some friends of mine. I'm not very experienced with dating, I'm 18, and only have had 3 boyfriends. I also have stuck being single for a reason...

I hate to say it, but I'm what every guy calls prude. I don't want to have sex with my boyfriend yet, it's only been a month, and he's really been pushing me to do it.Every guy I've dated has been the same way and they always end up dumping me because of it. I really like him, but I'm sure I don't like him enough to commit to that. I feel like I want to really be in love with him before I do that, and I feel like I don't know a lot about him still, and I'm far from being that connected with him. I like him a lot because we have a lot in common and he's fun to be with, and I really would like to avoid having another guy dump me because they expected more.

I'm not really sure what I should do. Should I tell him how I feel? Or am I just being naive?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• how isit naive to be honest? if you don't tell I'm hell keep pushing. if you're not ready you should wait. if he can't handle that then hell have to leave. you can't keep a relationship by doing things you don't want to do.

if he dumps you he's not right fo ru. that's the naive part. that you think you really want to be with him because of all these other things when he has no problem pushing you to do something you're not ready to do.

why is it OK for you to be uncomfortable by having sex when you're not ready, because he doesn't want to be uncomfortable by waiting to have sex until you are.

tell him and if he's not willing to wait he thinks his comfort is more important than yours. so you dump him.

him wanting sex isn't wrong. pushing you before you're ready is. he can't help doing that if he doesn't know you're not ready. you have toTELL him.

What Guys Said 3

• You should tell him what you're thinking.

Also, there's a pretty major difference for most guys between 'we don't go beyond kissing' and 'we do some things but not full on sex'.

• Ok, you have your wants. Tell him how you feel. It's the only way to avoid bad situations.

• I would let him know and if he dumps you because of it I'd say you are better off without him.

What Girls Said 2

• if you only continue saying no the guy will think you don't want anythign to happen with him ever. tell him you need a connection and time before doing it, that way he knows its going to come but he needs to inves tin the relationship. don't force yourself just to keep a guy

• just tell him, he can't push you to do anything he wants to