How can I make it past the first date?

I get asked out a lot but I'm shy. Super shy. And I never hear from the guys after the first date. Sometimes I text them after but they never respond.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with being picky... but don't become a hermit. Not all guys bite...

Try 4 age old methods -

1. Wear "that Little Black Dress" that I know you have in closet for the first date

2. Make physical contact ~ BUT ~ not too physical on the first date... let him dream

3. Cook for him; all men love this...play to his tastes

4. Give him a reason to call you... the next date, a picture, a locket, etc.

• Maybe go on a date doing something you're passionate about i.e. dancing? Ice skating? That way you can let the activity speak for itself, and it provides things to talk about later.

What Girls Said 3

• try to drink a shot before so you can be more open and not that shy.

• you can be shy and still show how interested you are, just try doing little things to show you like him

• I agree. if he's attracted to you because you are shy suddnly becomming outgoing might back fire. just try to talk about yourself and respond to things he's saying.

• @kairon,don't we have the right to try to get out of our shell?! I've been told by few guys who were interested in me,and I was interested in them that I didnot show them, so they moved on while I had a crush on them,and later told me that I did not show it.so I'm socially outgoing, but shy around a guy I like,and he can see that I only avoid him, I didnot think he knew that I like him,so I approached him but he was kinda shocked. what the hell do I do stay shy and keep missing the chance...

• Become more outgoing. Everyone wants a fun person