GUYS: to what age would you date?

Say I guy that is 22 years old how much older or younger would you date a girl?

5 years younger, 10 years older, what is your max?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated girls aged 17-40 starting with my college days and I see nothing wrong with that same range for dating going forward into my 40s. It boils down to, are you into her, can you make her laugh and otherwise hold up your end of the um, bargain.

For marriage, I would look beyond superficial attraction, for common values and ability to conceive and bear two kids.

Looking at the biological clock in the context of child-rearing, let's say one year boyfriend/girlfriend + one year engaged + 2 years making sure we're right for each other + 2 years between kids = 6 years before biological clock of 33-36 years for relatively agony-free process to conceive carry and carry for 2 babies. That places a TENTATIVE constraint on potential wife age at late 20s/early 30s.

Just to emphasize that this is a tentative constraint and true life conquers all - I'd be able to overlook the age to the same extent or better than most girls would be able to overlook the financial situation of some random starving artist (whose values and work and personality they love) for marriage purposes.

What Guys Said 12

• At the moment, 2 years younger because I have a baby sister and 4 years older because I feel any more is just too big a generational gap for there to be enough in common

• I would probably go for girls up to 5-6 years younger and maybe a year or 2 older but it would be much scarier at this point in my life to get with an older girl, especially if they are successful which I am not right now. I am 26 and be 27 by the end of the year .

• depends on the girls youngest girl I tried to date was 18 years old so she was a bit younger than me , but I don't really focus on age much

• I'm 28, so seven years younger is my max. I'm open to older women but not by much.

• She could only be like 2 years younger.. or older being younger we have not that much in common.

• i would date a girl who is 26

• Im 22 and id probably go up to 27-28

• Well, I AM 22 years old, and I'll date whatever age 16-45 if I like them. (Obviously only dating for < 18). I've met some girls who are in their upper 30's who I would totally date. Contrary to popular belief, inner and outer beauty can often age quite well.

My limits are that I wouldn't want to compete with my younger brother for the same girl, and I would have trouble dating someone my mom's age.

• I'm 24 right now, I'd say my range is 18-26.

• It depends on what you mean by date. At 22, I would consider a serious relationship with a girl up to 25. For sex or casual dating, I'd go 10 or even 20 years older if she had a nice personality, intelligence, good looks and sexual skills.

As for younger, I'd go down to 16 (for sex or a a serious relationship), which is the age of consent in my country.

• So guys at 22 look for serious relationships with connection and sex? With the exception of casual dating/friends with benefits. And you don't want to go to jail either

• I can't speak for all guys. But, yes, I'd say that, for serious relationships, most guys are looking for girls their own age or younger or only SLIGHTLY older. For casual, guys are much more flexible with age.

• I concur. If you're thinking long-term, you want someone close to your age.

• When I was 22 there was no age limit to how old a woman could be as long as I found her attractive. I always liked older women back then. The women closer to my age just got on my nerves.

Now that I am older I prefer to date women my age or a few years younger, but a lot really depends on the woman's personality. I don't really have much in common with women a lot older or younger so it is harder for me to connect with an extreme of either.

• Basically you want to be able to connect with your partner on experience and intellectual levels

• I think you need that connection. In order to truly respect each other, it is important to understand the other person. Otherwise the things they say and do will just seem strange or immature.

• Unlike some guys who just want that one thing and want a hot girl who is stupid

• I am 22 years old and my max would be one or two years either way.

What Girls Said 0