Is it OK to slap my boyfriend?

This past week my boyfriend has really made me upset and he hurt my feelings deeply. I feel so angry and mad at him but most of all my feelings are hurt. He text me today that he would talk to me later tonight. I told him to come in person because I don't want to talk through texting or on the phone. I'm just so upset and mad at him that all I've been thinking about today is hitting him and cursing him out. I've never hit him before no matter how much we've argued but this time I'm really upset and hurt by his actions. I want to slap him extremely hard across the face so he can see how mad he has made me. I know its not OK to be violent but I feel like when a man does a woman who truly loves him wrong, its OK to put him in his place and show him how hurt he's made you. I just feel like he deserves this for hurting me and my feelings. Would I wrong if I slapped him across the face and cursed him out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually slapping someone across the face isn't like a planned thing, like someone says something vile and crude or touches you inappropriately and you slap him. But I did hear some hot sauce make you slap your grandma. Anyway, I don't think you should talk to him face to face if you are thinking of hitting him. You shouldn't lower yourself to his level, and if you really want to hurt him DON'T CARE, don't seem phased, stop talking to him completely delete him from your life. Nothing hurts a person worse than feeling like they don't exist or matter. When you are angry and hit people and go off it just shows how much you care which is why a lot of kids and people in general seek negative attention because it IS attention. Don't give him the satisfaction of seeing how upset he has made you. Believe me it works just try it. Firs it wil alarm him and scare him and then he will start saying mean things to get your attention horrible things, don't give in then he will apologize on his own an BEG you to forgive him. Either way, don't lower yourself, you are too classy to let some low life change who YOU are. Stay strong girl :)

• True. I won't lower myself to his level. I can express myself in other ways

• Yeah, your better than him, and you don't want anything you do to compromise that. I think you want to be able to leave the relationship knowing that you did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong, and if you do chose to stay, it's your choice, but he won't have something like that to hold over you or against you to make you feel guilty. He will also use it to devalue all of your emotional torment that he has subjected you to by saying "Oh. well at least I didn't HIT YOU!" and your nice you would probably feel bad

What Guys Said 9

• eh I hate to say it, but if I was slapped id likely respond without thinking I wouldn't mean to bust anybody up but might end up looking a little like this link

if you get lucky your hand'll just hurt a lot because ill catch it

• Violence is never justified, except in self-defense (threat of imminent bodily harm). If he cannot understand your hurt feelings without being slapped and cursed out, then you may be better off finding another boyfriend...

• As long as you're OK with having all your teeth knocked out, it's probably a good thing to do.

• only as okay as it would be for him to slap you.

• Would it be OK for a man to hit a woman because he was really angry with her?

• Make him sleep on the couch. There's no need to resort to violence of that measure though.

• "I know its not OK to be violent but I feel like when a man does a woman who truly loves him wrong, its OK to put him in his place and show him how hurt he's made you." Well, thank goodness, the law doesn't take the same view. Physical force is acceptable only in self-defence, not for example because someone has upset you. You're risking being sued, being prosecuted and/or being hit back in self-defence.

• Is it okay if he punches you in the face, after you slap him?

If you can take it, then by all means give it.

• Only if you think it's OK if he's mad that he can slap you across the face as hard as he can which I guarantee you don't

What Girls Said 10

• WTF!? NO! You can't hit your boyfriend because he made you upset.

WTF is wrong with you? Leave him if he makes you that damn mad. Crazy

• Nothing is wrong me. The only thing that is wrong is that he hurt my feelings deeply. He goes to court tomorrow and I may not see him for a while. All this week I tried to call him, text him and message him so we could talk and spend time together. I even invited him to an event with me but he never replied or called me back. The weekend comes and he goes to a party with his friends and posts videos of it. He puts me last to his friends. He can make time to go party but ignore me for a week

• Agreed. just dump him and move on. don't hit him.

• Thats true, maybe I should just break up with him. I stayed for so long because I had hope and I believed in him and I believed that he would get his life together and realize how great of a woman I am and treat me right...But maybe he doesn't realize...Its going to hurt really bad to walk away because I love him but if he doesn't cherish me or appreciate me and my love then maybe I should break up with him.

• Use your words like a Big Girl. No hitting, we don't hit people. If he angers you to the point of violence, you need to not be with him anymore.

• No, violence is never the answer nor is it justified.

Realize this: if you hit him and he knocks your ass out, you're not a victim of domestic abuse/violence. The second a woman acts like a man and puts her hands on a man, she's fair game for him to respond like a man

• not OK. use words yo. if you hit him, do not be surprised if he retaliates.

• my boyfriend play slaps me gently sometimes...but one time he did it while I was just done being mad about somehing petty, and my instnat reaction was a slap. not a good thing. luckily, he didn't react but I saw the shock in his face of how disrespected he felt. wish I could take it back because he's really a good man. althouh it felt justified I wish I hadn't done it.

• No violence doesn't anything just dump him if you feel he doesn't respect you

• dont slap him, make him get out of your bed or don't talk to him but don't get physical

• is it okay if he slaps you? How about beat you up and when you are down he kicks you repeatedly in the face? maybe you have made him mad too. Maybe you made him so mad its OKAY for him to get a bat and slap you across the face with that too and break your nose. Honey domestic violence goes both ways. I hope if you attack him in some way I hope you get yours. If you can't talk to him in a civil way then BE ON YOUR WAY. the relationship is as good as dead. Let him know via phone call or text that you are an immature brat and the relationship isn't working out for you and you feel like physical violence and cursing is the only way you can solve your issues with him.

• i don't think you should slap him

• no that's abusive. break up if you don't like him and don't know how to respect him.

• I do know how to respect him. He's the one who doesn't seem to know how to respect me. What he did this week wasn't respectful at all.

• slapping someone doesn't earn respect.