Should I initiate contact again, or is it futile because he's lost interest?

I've been casually seeing a guy for a couple of months. We met through a mutual friend. We hit it off brilliantly. We have been intimate, and he's made several playful remarks about how I'm his future wife. He was living a fair distance away when I met him and moved back a few months ago to be closer to his family (his mom is sick) and he said to be closer to me. I made a remark one night when the two of us had had too much to drink that I was happy with what was going on between us and that there should be no expectations on either side for the time being. He seemed OK with it, and like I said, we were only casually dating but have both professed how much we like each other and how weird it is we hadn't met before considering we have a lot of mutual friends. We weren't talking every day, but 2-4 times a week. We both equally initiated our conversations and were both fairly quick to respond to the other (usually within the hour, sometimes a few hours later, ALWAYS within the day). He recently went to visit his mom in another country (close by). We were using a free mobile app to keep in touch. I messaged him 10 days ago and got no response. I wouldn't be so worried, except I've noticed that he has posted several 'menial' posts on Facebook and has yet to respond to me. I also know that he came back 2 days ago and has still not contacted me. I'm stubborn, and not a girl that will obsessively text a guy if they don't respond back. I'm wondering if my stubbornness is doing me a disservice on the off chance that he never received my text and is going through the same thought process as I am right now. I also know that his mom is sick, and having dealt with a sick parent recently, I can empathize with cutting ties (briefly) with those closest to you because it hurts. Anyways, bottom line: do I message him, or do I just leave it be

Most Helpful Guy

• It always amazes me how much women read into small things and turn it into some giant meaning when really more likely than any other possibility, he didn't get your message on that little unreliable free messaging app. Stop following social rules and text the guy to see if he got your message because that is what you want to do. You could text him and find out that he didn't get your message and then everything goes back to normal, or you could follow your social rule and never text him and slowly grow apart from him not to hear back from him for maybe years. He may be struggling over the same dumb social rule as you like you said (having the same thought process as you) and putting everything back to normal falls on your call to break that dumb rule telling you not to text him again. What is texting him going to hurt if you two were to stop talking altogether if you didn't? Are you afraid of being embarrassed? is the world going to end if you send that text? There is no negative outcome from texting him so just send it and figure out what is going on.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't try to do so ething else, I would feel like I'm wasting my time

• i think he has lost interest or he just doesn't have enough interest