She never texts first and gives closed responses... BUT

This girl

-Never texts first

-Sometimes gives closed responses like "hahahaha" or ":D" (A closed response is a response that CAN'T provoke more conversation)

-Hasn't really asked questions back

BUT

When I pick up the conversation after a closed response, I sometimes get a lengthy or a genuine answer

EX:

Her: Hahahaha!

Me: So about (blablabla)

Her: (Genuine response)

All in all, can't tell if she's being friendly in replying, or actually interested in talking. both 20 in college btw

• Stop trying
  • Try regardless of how it looks
  • Try unless it looks really bad
  • Other (post what)

Most Helpful Girl

• Does she even like texting? Some people are like that and won't initiate, but when you ask something they'll give you long responses and stuff. I'd just leave it be for a while, don't text her, and see if that prompts her to start things.

However, her closed responses sound like something a person would say if they don't know how to respond/there isn't much they can respond with. I think if she wasn't interested she'd be much shorter with you or not respond at all, instead of give any long and genuine answers.

I'm assuming you want to date her, so if you like her well enough - just ask her out and talk face to face. It gives you a better idea if she's actually interested, or you're not getting anywhere with her and it's a waste of time.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see anything wrong with this. I'll do this even with guys I like, because that "genuine" response is what makes a difference. And I don't even like texting. The closed responses might be lack of time, lack of ideas, lack of interest in that particular topic, etc. Keep going with the easy-to-answer questions to get more "genuine" responses out of her, and ask more open-ended questions, and maybe she'll feel more comfortable texting you longer answers.

• She seems to want to talk to you. She probably just doesn't want to seem pushy texting first, or doesn't know what to say. The closed response is simply her jot knowing what else to say, or possibly she is busy or distracted. I would go with he first, though. Also it seems like she is like meand just not a big texter.

• There's a lot of ways that I think this could go. Maybe she's shy, or feels like as the guy you need to initiate the convos, or she could be too nice to say she's not interested. Regardless, I think you deserve an answer.

My advice is to either not text her for a few days and see if she texts you. It'll show that she has mutual interest in talking.

Or you could just flat out ask her if she's interested.

I hope you find your answer, and good luck :)

• I think you need more signs than just a conversarion, its both right now. So youneed to send flirty texts, something like "i bet you smiled when you saw I texted you"

• i think she is just like that, she isn't interested or not interested

What Guys Said 5

• i'd give it a break , don't text her everyday or even that often , there isn't much point , maybe she'll miss your texts if you don't send her anything for a while

• I dunno, seems like more work then it's worth. Relationships are a two way thing, she has to meet you half way or its just you being used.

• Stop bothering with her. Don't text anymore, let her come to you. If she doesn't, whatever. Go find someone else in the mean time.

• Did you ever get an answer on this? I am kinda in the same boat?

• i would stop trying by now.